Model A1103 / 1.25, 1.33, 1.42, or 1.5 GHz G4 processor

Can I reset the password on OS X 10.4.11?

Hi I’m not sure if I can reset the password on this Mac mini. I think I know the master password so I think I can get in.

Try this:

• Power on or restart your Mac.

• At the chime (or grey screen if your chime is turned off), hold down Command+S on your keyboard to enter single-user mode.

• Type "sh /etc/rc" and press Enter/Return.

• Type "passwd <username>" and replace “<username>” with the short name of the user account for which you’d like to reset the password.

• Type your desired password and press Enter. It won’t show itself on the screen, so be careful what you type. You will most likely have to enter it again to confirm.

•Type "reboot" and press Enter.

Boot from your original system installation disk. Go to the second page of the install when the pull down menu appears. Go to Utilities > Change Password and do it.

This utility can also be found on the 10.5 retail DVD.

There are situations when a mac user is not able to log in to their account. There are many methods to Reset mac admin password but it has to be understand that all the methods are not meant for you.First you have to understand the problem and then only proceed to the solution. In this given article Reset mac admin passwordeverything is explained in detail with all the steps ,read this article carefully and after understanding the origin of your problem proceed to the steps mentioned in the article to resolve your issue. Hopefully this article will help you.

Ok. I know my master password but I don’t know my user password.

@paperboypaddy so use my instructions.

You simply need to open a terminal and say "sudo passwd <username>"

It will ask for the master password, then you can type in the user's new password to change it.

Padraic Hoselton will be eternally grateful.