The Dell Chromebook 11 3180 is a cost-effective, student laptop that runs on the Chrome operating system. It was first released on Feb. 7th, 2017.

My chromebook has an admin on it, how do I remove it?

Well, I bought my Dell chromebook off of Ebay, and I can't really do anything, the admin has blocked most things and it has ibossConnect on it, can somebody tell me what to do? (I can't get in Dev. mode either)

beg to romove administrator

[br]

how to go in dev mode

how to get rid of admin

You don't need to go into dev mode to wipe the admin off the machine. All you have to do is do a power wash. If the device is controlled by an admin that's a different story. You would have to contact the company that is controlling the machine and have them release the device. If your tech-savvy you can change the serial number on the device which will break the admin control but it is risky and you risk destroying the board.

You should be able to force it into developer mode by doing the following:

use the "3 finger salute", (esc+refresh+power) and follow the steps to remove OS verification, etc. It will then restart on its own (Dont force restart!).

It will likely say something like "dev mode has been blocked by administrator". Keep repeating step 1 till this works. Alternatively, replace the motherboard using another iFixIt guide.

Hope this helps!

OPEN ALL THE TABS

RAM Upgrade Kits for Mac

Shop Kits

Enough RAM
For All The Tabs

Shop Kits

**Read me: This is coming from someone who bypassed the web filter, printed from school printers on a personal laptop by finding the IP address, got past a local IP internet block and was left alone by admin and the IT department after enough incidents where I worked around their countermeasures.** A Chromebook enterprise lock is not recoverable since it is based on the serial number with the enrollment policies stored on the Google Enterprise cloud. When these are reset, the same policies are loaded onto the device based on a forced enrollment policy. The only way to remove a Chromebook enterprise lock is a new motherbord. In addition, the screw trick only works on EOL Chromebooks that are mostly out of the education system and sold as surplus, unless they somehow can’t afford new Chromebooks after 5 years. This is an iCloud lock for schools and enterprise. I can’t even get past it, especially since the write screw Chromebooks are pretty much all EOL and decommissioned. It DOES NOT work on the modern Chromebooks (made within the past 5 years).

The enterprise enrollment is tied to the serial number and is loaded on the device through the cloud. In addition, it is stored on the device locally just in case they’re kept offline so it’s persistent. In addition to local storage, the profile gets restored to the device if you erase it by using the stored forced enrollment policies. Simply put, there is no way around it. It sounds like an ex school district machine since iBoss is usually only found on those. I’m not shocked since schools are already infamously lazy about removing BIOS/EFI passwords from their decommissioned systems.

What you need to do is return it as defective (because it *is*) with the eBay MBG - it’s there, so use it. That said, Google may forcefully release it if you provide a receipt and the Chromebook serial number and release it, but they usually don’t and defer it to the enterprise who managed it - yeah, GFL getting them to help. Only once it’s removed can you powerwash it and turn it into a “normal Chromebook” again.

It’s your call here on what to do, but I’d probably just return it and let the seller deal with it. It’s not my fault the seller was negligent, plus school district surplus is usually beaten up far worse then a machine used by a business professional. Since this was missed and it cripples the Chromebook from being useful, you have an easy case against the seller. Unless you somehow get a really nice one, it’s not worth fighting to save it - get your money back. Few ex school district Chromebooks are worth saving, as they tend to be more rough in terms of overall condition then the ones used in business settings. Let the seller take the financial hit since it should have been sold as a parts machine - the sellers who don’t check or lie are flippers/do not care.

The problem with school machines - ESPECIALLY school issue Chromebooks is weak school districts. Many of them are too afraid to hold the parents accountable for the damage their kids do to them, and only stop when they give their kid a pass. That’s partially due to how pushy the ones who do it are since they’re so cheap to replace. Since they’re not treated as well, the school ones tend to fall apart first if you have one from a professional environment and a school. The only time they ever stand their ground is parents who give in easily or it’s hard to fight back against. Some districts sell them to the “student” (really the parents) to shift the costs and blame. The irony here is they stand on Mac damage due to the cost($$), but not Chromebooks ($) unless the Chromebook is damaged beyond repair. Most school district Chromebooks need far more work then the other computers they sell off for surplus and come in rougher condition.

im about to cry ive been trying to get rid of my administrater for 1 or 2 years im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad

dfvg3wefq4gtdhfj8o67ytr

As a Chromebook Tech, I can't agree more! There are ways around the Admin tie but it could cost you the board to which you might as well go buy a brand new Chromebook anyway lol.

@hbarnestechk12 Sure you can do something very specific with one piece of data you probably know what I'm referencing, but it's temporary and you need to reset it every time. It's a waste of time at best. This question is just as common and annoying as the iCloud lock ones. NO - you can't save a enterprise enrollment chromebook you got from eBay without going to Google and hoping they help or returning it.

The problem is Chromebooks are priced to be disposable - which is why schools love them. The MacBooks cost a lot to replace compared to a $150 enterprise ready Chromebook. Don't waste your time with Google when it's ex school - they're cosmetically terrible a lot of the time.

AAAAAHHHHHH I can't get extensions or apps with the admin!!! Dev mode is blocked and youtube too!!! also can't remove the Blocksi Enterprise Edition thing that blocks every site that I go to. I think I can go To Developer mode with ESC, reload, and power. but I am managed.

I can not get this admin off for years i am about to cry i need help i am so mad and i know i will get it off sometime!!!!!!

You'll need to make a recovery USB with a WIndows or Mac with Chrome installed using this app. Once that SD/USB is made, insert it into the device. Now, hold ESC + REFRESH (F3) and then hit power. It will boot into recovery mode and ask you some prompts. Follows them, the device will erase, reset, and that should remove the admin limits. Good luck.

EDIT: Read the above selected answer. This does not work on newer Chromebooks within the past 5 years, which I was unaware of.

What do I do if it won't let me download the app?

Install Chrome on a macbook or windows box and install the chromebook recovery utility on it. Choose your device and boom.

What if this guy is lying and he is a stupid nerd. Im just kidding

@shyshaun The reason me and the others who could figure this out don't bother is YES, you'd be caught. The way these things connect would trip a flag and they'd want to audit the Chromebook.

The old days of it being such a joke you'd be able to cut a special deal to be left alone are largely over.

if the device was enrolled in enterprise then you can not remove or remove the screw to fix the issue. If it’s not remove the screw and wash the device.

Thx yes I've come to the conclusion that I cant it is enrolled thru some enterprise, I really assumed there was some way I could get around it. I tried any variation i could find but ultimately it's a lost cause i guess . A mom&pop computer shop couldnt figure it out tho right?? I am a novice and hopefully that's not the sole reason, it's a wash, so to speak?

@csclav14 You are not the only one.... I am a tech savvy genius and have been working on a way around the admin access for a couple years now. @hbarnestechk12 is right and there is no way around it. Some schools have a less strict policy, so if your school has VMware Horizon, then you chose anything besides AUTOCAD and sign on to that.

Then you need to go online to softfamous.com. Download the .exe file. When the file is done, run it and click stop. Go to the dropbox on the bottom for the server and choose your country(United States). Click connect and wait for the servere to connect. Now you can do anything you want, but make sure not to close the "You are connected window." Note: You have to do this every time you log on, so it will become tedious.

If you want to unblock a few sites you just type the website’s name/activate. However, you might have to write even more things depending on your district. Some districts are more secure than others. In my district, I have only unblocked one site tho.

Sometimes it asks me for my device code.

I started this website a few days ago.

where do you type it?

are you sure it will work?

You have to powerwash your whole entire chromebook.

tried this solves every thing bathing it works too

Powerwashing wouldnt do anything though. even after a full factory reset, the administrator will still be there and you cant get past it. Essentially, powerwashing resets the device, not the enterprise that controls it.

ok hold in esc the reload button and the power button at the same time and then a yellow ! will appear and you press ctrl+d enter and then again then click space bar and then before you sign in enrool the chrom book

Hope this helps!

Does this delete the info on the computer?

that is not working for me

press and hold esc+reload then press power and release all buttons wait for an orange exclamation mark and hit ctrl+d then press enter and then something will pop-up saying chrome verification off hit space bar and then it will turn on developer mode beware that resetting will remove all files on device and you need to back up any that you want to keep and then the device will reset and turn on developer mode

I dont get dekus answer

Now search for remove administrator for chromebook then do ESCAPE+REFRESH+POWER, then the screen will take you to removing the admin, I saw you have to scan card in order to start the steps. Follow the steps very carefully, do not powerwash, do not restart or do not exit. Follow the steps then your device will remove the admin limits and the administrator will no longer block websites, should remove your admin to prevent the admin to control your flash and location. If you are ever stuck, always write your password on google docs. To exit the admin removal steps, press the power/shutdown (F11) to shutdown the device and sign in again. It takes me a while so do something while the process is in progress. Then, you’re all set to resign in! If you want to restore your pages do restart (F3) and then the power button (F11) which is a restart.

-By Alexander

-Admin removers for you

Title-How to remove the admin on a chromebook.

If you ever have something you need to do always and you want to exit your admin removal steps and you can't wait, contact the system admin or the person who set up the computer on a different device immediately.

Turn on dictation or type this code to have access for this note. Go on google forms.

Turn on required and give it 2 points

Type the question: Enter the password "356982" Then send the question to everyone.

Good luck.

WARNING! Before doing this, remove the admin limits and then go to site settings and turn on 
enhanced protection to get the best protection and also, keep an eye out for new accounts 
signing in on windows 10, windows, samsung, chromebook, apple computer, macbook air or pro,
and other devices.

Once you do this read the question. This is not an answer

*Do this because it is required

Reset your page and this will reset your startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies.  Any bookmarked tabs, saved passwords, and history will not be cleared.

Cancel: Close tab. Reset settings: Continue

Reset settings to defaults: do not give score

Warning! Do not give feedback or vote me.

Contact the system admin.

Tri Doge will be eternally grateful.