Repair and disassembly guides for the Compaq Presario CQ40.

My laptop screen black but my power button still on

i want to ask how i want fix my laptop presario CQ41 because my laptop screen black but my power button still on...so how i want to fix?

Most Helpful Answer

@shera that could be caused by bad LCD screen. Attach an external monitor and see if that displays properly. Let us know what you get with that.

you can also check your RAM whether it has been damage

I also have the same issue with your own but later changed my RAM , everything come back to normal instantly .

Try getting a new charger or getting the charger panel replaced.

Score -1

Technical Difficulties why would you suggest to replace the charger if you have not explained to the OP how to test it? What do you refer to as the "charger panel"? This laptop does not have a single part that is referred to as a "charger panel", so nobody will know what to look for.

Your answer is somewhat misleading due to your terminology and not very helpful with the diagnosis or repair of this issue.

Charging port. The thing that you plug the charger in. Whatever. Has charging in the name.

nurul shahira will be eternally grateful.