Complete disassembly and installation guides for most iPods, including iPod Original, Mini, Shuffle, Nano, and Touch.

What is still good in a wet iPod?

Is there anything left working after an iPod is water damaged?

That sounds like a depends question to me. Sounds like how bad the immersion was/is if it got totally submerged and the power was off you have to worry about corrosion of the components, also depending on what it got submerged in. The logic board will definitely require a good cleaning, I prefer ethyl alcohol. I also replace the battery since lithium has a tendency to react with water. The HDD should be okay if it did not get submerged or water in the connector, same with the LCD and the click wheel. Now if the power was on, you may have to replace the logic board due to a short circuit in one of the logic board components.Number one should always be to NOT turn it on, to let it dry out (bag of uncooked rice works great), to clean it thouroughly and to reevaluate.

Most of it should still work, actually. It depends on the iPod. If the device was off when it got wet, the internals might be fine. Water will damage the screen and the clickwheel, but things like the battery, hard drive, and motherboard should be fine.

CBF7856 will be eternally grateful.