The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

spilled water on my MacBook and it works

hello every one I spilled half a glass of water or less on my MacBook while it was turned on and I turned it off and tried to dry it and then turned it on after 30 min (I know stupid move on my part) and it worked fine until the screen turned black and then turned off.

I took it to a apple service provider and they diagnosed it and said that the logic board, top case, display assembly, and the fan need to be changed and it will cost $1600 after one week being left there I took it today ( I didn't get it repaired there of course) and then tried turning it on and it works perfectly fine now and it charges and everything and I'm righting this question on the macbook.

now my question is should I worry and go get it fixed at another place or no ?

Water is a tricky thing!

Pure H2O is not the bad guy! Its whats in it that is!

So if you spilled distilled water leaving the system off until it fully dried the amount of damage will be very little as only the stuff it picks up within your system would be present.

• If on the other hand you spilled a cup of ocean water, sea water, rain water, bottled spring water or even tap water from the faucet, all have stuff in them that can harm your system - Mostly Salts & Minerals.
  • Lets say you spilled a cup of orange juice or a can of soda besides the stuff above you have Acids & Sugars.

Remember all of this stuff won't evaporate with the water! So it will stay on your system and short out or corrode parts over time.

So what is the bottomline here? You likely need to still open your system and clean the areas the spill took place on. I'm suspecting it was mostly into the keyboard and trackpad both of these are the more difficult to get to and clean. Mostly we just replace them as its just easier. Which is why they recommended you replace the uppercase assembly.

For now how about just making sure the logic board is OK. You'll need to follow this IFIXIT guide to take it out: MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Early 2015 Logic Board Replacement. Once out use cotton swabs (Q-Tips) to mop up any visible spills and use distilled water to sip down the areas. I would then go over the same areas again with 85% isopropyl alcohol to help speed up the drying process and to remove any oils that may still ben present.

Let the parts fully dry and hopefully the keyboard and trackpad work for now. You'll likely need to replace the uppercase at some point. If you see anything that you question take some pictures and post them here for us to see. Its also possible there are some other parts that need replacing.

Not really an answer, more of a question on how's your MacBook? Did you go ahead and get it fixed? I have the same issue (-but worse since I spilled tea with milk on it a few days ago, and I've just bought it 3 months ago D:). The Apple store just quoted 430 GBP on mine (they want to replace my battery pretty much), and I'm not sure if I should just wait it out since my MBP is working absolutely fine.

Not an answer, but more of a recommendation. You should check Techsave I have a friend who has the same problem with milk, she went to the apple store and the cost was somewhere around 1900€. She found this company online and they were able to clean the laptop and replace some components for less than a 800€. You can contact them at their 24/7 chat function.

I spilled a glass of club soda, vodka and lime all over my macbook pro keyboard. Liquid went all in the vents. Tried everything recommended on the web, to no avail. Every few days tried turning it on. Was about to give up and buy a new one. Then one night about 3 weeks later it rose from the dead. Had to reboot per screen instruction, but it works perfectly.

mohammed qubbaj will be eternally grateful.