In June 2017 Apple updated its 13" MacBook Air with a newer Broadwell Intel Core i5 processor, resulting in slightly increased performance and battery life.

No video capture devices were found in System Information

The built-in camera of my MacBook Air 2017 stopped working.

I was able to use the camera of my laptop with Skype or FaceTime. It was working very well.

I went to About This Mac > System Report > Camera: No video capture devices were found.

I tried to solve the issue using Terminal > sudo killall VDCAssistant. It didn't work.

Please help!

Thank you

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

First you system is likely still under warranty (one year for defective parts) so I would first visit an Apple Store to have them take a look.

If that don't pan out then you could try reseating the camera cable on the logic board to see if that fixes it (I strongly recommend you do this after visiting Apple). Here, the IFIXIT guide you'll need to follow: MacBook Air 13" Early 2015 Logic Board Replacement Follow the first three steps, then jump down to Step 23. Carefully remove it and then put it back in, reconnect the battery is it working now? If not you'll need a new display assembly as the camera is mounted within it and not easy to get to.

Pierre will be eternally grateful.