The LN46A530 has a 46" display, combined with SRS TruSurround XT. The PC input allows this display to double as a 46" computer monitor

Why is my picture showing only in black and white

why is my picture showing only in black and white

Try performing picture test go to menu- support then self diagnosis - picture test if the picture is colored there is nothing wrong with the tv its the connection that you have

no problem there checked connections they are good, still not showing color

@charlestruk

What did you do in the end? I have the same problem

HI[br]

Thank You. I do appreciate your fix.[br]

We have these Tvs in Hotel rooms. One of the room it happened second time. Do you know why would it do that? We do not have samsung remotes. We have third party programming box for Dish Network.

Thx

Sunny

achikamdorani it self corrected idk know why but the color just popped back.

Go to settings/general/accessibility/grayscale , turn off if it's on. Worked for me it got turned on doing one of my exploring moments.

Hey

Just wanted to thank you!

thank you !!! you are a life saver

This just happened to me. I was sitting across the room not near the remote on the phone and noticed the Bixby voice command listening randomly to my call trying to take instruction and giving me an error that it did not understand. Then it went grey.

Such a lifesaver! Worked flawless.

Same happened with me like what happened with heather stark.. it suddenly turned grey...while I was operating Bixby voice

Generally, if your TV picture is only in black and white, the cause is usually an incorrect/inadvertent connection to the TV from your video source.

Or, a loose connection can cause this also.

So, check those connections carefully.

Best wishes ;-)

Okay so this is just to clarify a few thins. always check your TV’s settings first. Make sure that it is not on some grayscale settings etc. After that check every input source to see if that makes a difference. Try HDMI, Component, COAX, and whatever input source your TV may have (also try different cables). If that checks out okay you will have to look behind the back cover. The most common cause for black and white is actually a failed Gamma IC on the T-con board.

MARVIN BELLAMY will be eternally grateful.