The Dell XPS 13 9350, released in January 2015, is a sixth generation laptop of Intel Core. It supports the world’s first InfinityEdge screen along with new Windows 10 updates and improvements.

Will Dell XPS 13 9360 motherboard work on my Dell XPS 13 9350?

I am replacing the motherboard on Dell XPS 13 9350 -i7 and currently have an option to install 9360 i7 motherboard. I think chassis (dimensions) are exactly the same, but I wonder if the new motherboard version works with older chassis/ older PC version?

Any advice/tip is welcomed.

UPDATE:

I was not successful installing this motherboard:

As was indicated by professional laptop service I went through, the potential problems are with the internal power supply and BIOS. And if the latter can be fixed, the former can seriously affect motherboard performance. The electric circuits diagram we found online did not explicitly indicate power levels, so we opted to use safest, ie older version of the motherboard.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi. I think in this case you most likely need to replace the battery and make sure your screen and screen cable are compatible with the new motherboard. P.S.This is all pure theory.

Cheers,

Yevhen

Did you ever figure this out. I am trying to figure this out as well

Hi, I was not successful installing this motherboard:

Apologies for being unassertive!

Oikk Waclaw will be eternally grateful.