The Apple Watch Series 1 is a revamp of the original Apple Watch, announced September 7, 2016. Most of the parts are the same as the Series 2

Can you replace a swollen battery in my Apple Watch?

My Apple Watch screen lifted and come to find out it is due to the battery overheating and it swelled. Just curious if it could be fixed?

Yes, It can be fixed! Given the fact the screen is already pulled away a bit it should make doing this your self much easier. Are you up to it?

To help you, review this vid of Alex opening a Series 2, it's the same for your Series 1 (the Original Apple Watch is a bit different) How to Replace the Battery on an Apple Watch Series 2 and you might want to review the Original Apple Watch guides while slightly different the same techniques are needed: Apple Watch Battery Replacement I'm sure you can forgo the iOpener as the display is already lifted. You will need to fully clean the surfaces of the old gasket both the case and the display. And do be gentle! The parts can be easily damaged.

Here's the needed parts:

38mm Watch

42mm Watch

Just take your time and don't forget to breathe ;-}

Apple Watch (42 mm Series 2 & Series 3 Cellular) Force Touch Sensor Adhesive Gasket Image

Product

Apple Watch (42 mm Series 2 & Series 3 Cellular) Force Touch Sensor Adhesive Gasket

$24.99

Apple Watch (38 mm Series 2 & Series 3 Cellular) Force Touch Sensor Adhesive Gasket Image

Product

Apple Watch (38 mm Series 2 & Series 3 Cellular) Force Touch Sensor Adhesive Gasket

$24.99

Apple Watch (38 mm Series 2) Replacement Battery Image

Product

Apple Watch (38 mm Series 2) Replacement Battery

$15.99

Apple Watch (42 mm Series 2) Replacement Battery Image

Product

Apple Watch (42 mm Series 2) Replacement Battery

$17.99

Most Helpful Answer

Apple has extended its service coverage for Apple Watch (1st gen) models experiencing expanded/swollen battery problems to three years, covering customers for service for an additional two years beyond the complimentary 1-year Limited Warranty that it provides with the device.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/28/apple-wat...

They will fix the watch for free. You need to call Apple; and provide this information about the extended coverage for series 1 only.

Can you give me a link to this? I went to apple service center today and they said the warranty for swollen battery is two years only. My watch broke after 2 years and a half. they want me to pay $250 for a new watch.

Catie Mullinax will be eternally grateful.