Plastic connecting earpad with headband broke

I don't know how to name that part but hopefully pictures will show what i'm talking about. It is only their 6th month, so that sucks. But I would appreciate any help or suggestions how to fix that

OMG, this happened to me yesterday too. Had them for 10 months without issue, then i take them out of my bag and bam....snapped!

Yeah, this is one of the two weak points of these headphones. The first one is that the sliders. if you use them too much, will get super loose. The second is the yoke for the crushers where the cups connect crack for no reason, within normal use. What I did when mine cracked there the first time is used the limited life time warranty; but I also sent them my only receipt hoping I would get it back but never did... I did get a brand new pair but now I can't get another pair on my new headphones that already cracked. Maybe you can cut out peices of metal and make your own yokes??? that would be soo cool considering how great these headphones are!!!

This happened to me after 8 months as well. Maybe if we get a significant number of complaints, Skullcandy is going to revise that weak spot. I have called the re-seller I bought them from (I live in Romania - nu skullcandy here) and they told me warranty does not cover it.

I'm planning on writing to Skullcandy support with a couple of testimonials, so we can deem this as factory fault, and have it included in the normal terms of warranty. If you guys are interested, drop me an e-mail: andrei.ileanu@live.com.

Cheers!

That's so odd? They replaced mine no problem, maybe it's different in Romania for some unknown reason. If you use your headphones normally they should have covered it. If you have any questions for me in your testimony thing I would be willing to answer.

I Had a same problem. I'm really disappointed . Always after 8 months .

Someone have a good news from the Skullcandy Costumer Service ?

Most Helpful Answer

by now the OP probably has the fixed already. Just for completion sake, there is really not much you can do. This is part of a design issue and Skullcandy is most likely not doing anything about it. You can try to make a bond out of thin metal and strap it around the broken part then use some small sheet metal screws to attach that band. Adhesives will most likely not work since there is movement and stress on the part. Of Course you can always try and get a set of headphones that is broken on places other than yours and then harvest the part needed from those.

I've got mine replaced under warranty at the store where I bought it (PC World/Currys)

Skullcandy Europe's email response, in case it helps someone:

May 29, 10:00 AM MST

Thank you for your email, Jozsef. I'm sorry for the issues you're having. It is definitely covered with our warranty.

Skullcandy has an awesome warranty. We make it very easy for you to have your headphones replaced for a full 2 years after you purchase them, no extra extended warranty to purchase. We do, however, require you pay to ship the product to us.

We pay the shipping to get the BRAND NEW, non refurbished product back to you. If you wish to take advantage of our amazing warranty simply visit your local post office and get your defective headphones shipped out to us, we will handle the rest. We are very sorry for any inconvenience the shipping cost causes.

We appreciate you choosing Skullcandy, Jozsef. Have a wonderful day!

I know that this is late but there is a bigger solution to fixing this.

I just tried this product yesterday on my skullcandy wireless crushers, now i have pictures that it definitely holds, sturdy as heck and unlike other glues a little does go a long way.

The glue i used is loctite epoxy plastic bonder. And also you can cover any of it with black paint as well. (20 minutes to bond, 24 hours to completely cure.

Thanks, William, epoxy would have been my weapon of choice too, I've got a replacement under warranty though. It's not impossible that one day it's going to end up covered by epoxy though. ;)

Good Morning Guys.

Can someone send me a email like you sent to SkullCandy Warranty?

because i sent 3 times and they reply always with that samples messages.

"Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Skullcandy product, but keep reading to learn how you can take advantage of our warranty program!

Our warranty is valid for 24 months from date of purchase and only covers manufacturing defects. We need a receipt (or copy of your bank/CC statement) as proof of purchase.

Please go to http://www.skullcandy.co.uk/customer-ser... to find out how to participate in our warranty program.

We don’t repair our headphones, but we replace them for valid warranty claims.

If your headphones have a detachable cable, you can try a replacement cable first to check if the cable is the problem. The replacement cable for your headphones is also covered by the 24 months warranty! Just send us a scan of the proof of purchase (receipt or bank/credit card statement), the model of your headphone, your full postal address and a phone number, and we will send a free replacement cable your way!

If your headphones have been purchased more than 2 years ago or if you don’t have proof of purchase anymore, you can purchase a new replacement cable from our shop (http://www.skullcandy.co.uk/shop/accesso...).

Let us know if there is anything else that we can help with!

Rock on!

Yours,

Yyzzy

Skullcandy Customer Experience

#STAYLOUD"""""

END.

THANKS GUYS ;)

I've got the same link, you don't need anything else.

This is how it works:

1. You submit a claim on their warranty page they sent you

2. You get a label to print and you send it to their UK return address

3. They will assess the claim in about 2-3 weeks.

4. You get a brand new replacement in the post.

Or, you can bring it back to the place you bought it, as I've got a replacement at the local PC World store.

Good luck!

I was waiting for a confirmation after that email. because they have other email Info@Skullcandy.com .

I will send my broken Skullcandy this saturday ;)

Thanks a Lot.

Same happened to my headphones after 3 (!) months. I have an idea to print this part on 3d printer and add some additional metal parts to make it more "bendproof". Also I wil make a "dangerous" part a little bit wider for additional safety. The only thing: I don't know how to disassemble the part where metal band puts into this part. I see that it can be disassembled but I.m not sure how to do it right =)

Does anyone evere disassembled this part and know how the metal band connects to it?

Tosange will be eternally grateful.