The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

AC adapter generates no LED light and no power.

I have an AC adapter from the first generation of Magsafe adapters. I plug it into a known working MacBook. There's no LED and the MacBook indicates it's running off the battery.

I jiggle the cord right in the "wrong" places - the area just outside the Magsafe head and the area just outside the transformer block. I can't get a reaction.

I was able to crack open that transformer block, but I can't see any electrical stress anywhere. I can't see any burning or scorching.

Is there a way I can test either end to see which one may have frayed interally?

I can probably perform repairs on the transformer side and the Magsafe side. I'm more experienced on the Magsafe side - I always strip off too much wire. I have yet to perform repairs on the transformer side. I'm wondering if there's any way to use the strain relief that sticks out of that transformer block.

Thanks for reading!

The Fixers Collective's Facebook page features a successful Magsafe repair. Looks like they didn't find telltale signs either (burning or scorching).

The MagSafe pin out is to the right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagSafe

lkvee will be eternally grateful.