Released in March 2017, the G6 is LG's flagship phone running Android 7.0. This device is available across all major wireless carriers. Physical repair of this device may eliminate water resistance and cause the device to be vulnerable to water damage.

Broken sim card tray stuck in G6

I have recently somehow broke my sim card tray and part of the tray and remained stuck inside the phone as the rest of the tray came out. I can manage to move part of the frame with the sim card key, but what's holding the piece inside the slot is the very end. It sort of wraps in an L shape if you can picture that. I really do not want to risk disassembling my phone, as I am paranoid I will damage something. The sim card AND the microSD can no longer be read. Im guessing it's due to this piece being stuck.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi this just happened to me today Feb 9 2018. I did a search on Amazon and SIM trays for the LG G6 are $10 USD. I bought two! I think the tray is a poor design. I was able to extract the broken piece by gently rocking it. However my SIM cannot be read. If the replacement tray fixes the problem I will post in 2 days.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Hi Good News! My phone is fixed.

It was just the SIM tray. Get replacements here:

http://a.co/b5pmInj

Did you remove the broken piece that was stuck inside. Or just put the new tray in?

So many people with broken sim trays, should be a class action.

they blamed me for the damage and charged for mainboard replacement

I just broke mine too... I

but now my LG G6 SIM is not being recognized... Where did you get it fixed?

I think this is xause for some action. That sim trey is too flimsy for a $400 phone!

TURN OFF YOUR PHONE

1. Get a metal file ( leatherman or swiss army knife)

2. Get a pair of nail clippers

3. Extend the file on the nail clippers. Yeah the file with the weird yet amazing under the nail cleaner bit

4. With the "metal file" create a sharp tip on the curved end of the "nail clipper file". It doesn't need to be a weapon just enough so you can slide the "nail clipper file" into the sim/sd card slot and hook/grab the broken piece of plastic

5. MAKE SURE you grab the broken plastic in the sim/sd card slot NOT the tiny super small connection pins

6. Use the sharpened "nail clipper file" to remove the broken plastic bit

LG fixed my broken SIM / SD slot. Some pins were broken (I have NO CLUE how that would have happened

Mine broke, I know it's the last LG phone I will ever have. Just fired up the Apple so back to Apple

Salve a tutti .Mi anno regalato un lg g6 x il mio compleanno e subito ho avuto problemi il telefono ancora in garanzia non mi faceva fare l'accaunt di Google , lo porto in assistenza e mi danno la colpa a me chiedendomi 230+iva perchè era partita la scheda madre .Mi sono rivolto ad un cerntro gestisti da cinesi e con 20 € mi risolvono il problema .Volevo mettere una una card da 32 giga e mi si rotta dentro ............che schifo un telefono che costa circa 400 € mettere un porta sim in plastica ........e una vergogna ...Mai mai + lg

You are correct never ever purchase any LG products, very poor quality

P.TSO will be eternally grateful.