Released in March 2017, the G6 is LG's flagship phone running Android 7.0. This device is available across all major wireless carriers. Physical repair of this device may eliminate water resistance and cause the device to be vulnerable to water damage.

Broken sim card tray stuck in G6

I have recently somehow broke my sim card tray and part of the tray and remained stuck inside the phone as the rest of the tray came out. I can manage to move part of the frame with the sim card key, but what's holding the piece inside the slot is the very end. It sort of wraps in an L shape if you can picture that. I really do not want to risk disassembling my phone, as I am paranoid I will damage something. The sim card AND the microSD can no longer be read. Im guessing it's due to this piece being stuck.

Hi this just happened to me today Feb 9 2018. I did a search on Amazon and SIM trays for the LG G6 are $10 USD. I bought two! I think the tray is a poor design. I was able to extract the broken piece by gently rocking it. However my SIM cannot be read. If the replacement tray fixes the problem I will post in 2 days.

Hi Good News! My phone is fixed.

It was just the SIM tray. Get replacements here:

So many people with broken sim trays, should be a class action.

they blamed me for the damage and charged for mainboard replacement

P.TSO will be eternally grateful.