Repair and support for the fourth generation of the Flip portable speaker by JBL.

Connect + no longer opening since iOS update

For some reason ever since the update to iOS 11.2.5, my JBL Connect + app (that previously worked fine) no longer works. It now starts on a screen that directs me to turn on the Bluetooth on my iPhone X, despite it already being turned on and paired with the speaker.

No matter which order I do things in (I’ve tried turning off Bluetooth and then starting it when the Connect + app asks for it, but it still doesn’t think I have Bluetooth turned on).

I’ve tried restarting my phone, telling it to forget the speaker(s), resetting the speakers to their factory settings etc. No dice.

The main issue I have is that I use two Flip 4’s for the stereo feature but I can’t turn that on unless I can access the app.

Can anyone help or has anyone else had problems since the iOS update??

Try

a) first uninstall the app

b) go to Settings --> General --> Reset Network Settings

c) completely power the phone off after it resets and reboots

d) download the app again, and try pairing blu tooth from scratch.

Sorry for taking so long to respond but your solution totally solved my problem. Thank you so much for taking the time to help out. I really very sincerely appreciate it.

worked for me too, thanks

Max F will be eternally grateful.