The Xbox One Model 1698 Wireless Controller was released by Microsoft in 2015 alongside Model 1697. It has more features than a basic controller, such as, removable thumbsticks and metal D-Pad buttons. The controller is primarily designed for use on a console, but it can also be used as a PC controller.

Elite controller power board (daughterboard)

Does anyone know if the elite controllers Daughterboard (power board) is the same as a normal controllers..? I think I need to swap mine out often some charging/syncing issues and just wondered if it’s a straight swap..

Cheers.

They aren’t compatible. The Elite board is derived from the Model 1697 board since it’s a upgraded 1697, but they changed the board in a minor but critical way.

The back of the Elite board has a connector for the paddles on the back, and this connector isn’t present on the 1697 board.

Matthew Serle will be eternally grateful.