Kia's version of the Hyundai Sonata.

when at a stop sign my car dies

After my car sits for 4 or more hours and I start to drive it, I will be at a stop sign or red light and my car dies.

There are hundreds of reasons why this could happen. From bad spark plugs to bad fuel, clogged air filter, clogged catalytic converter etc. I would start off with replacing all the routine maitenance items first like a new air filter, plugs, and fuel filter. Check the fuel pump as well. Then I would check the fuel injection system. It is also possible that your throttle body is dirty. The throttle body has a hose from the air filter housing attached to it,the throttle body is attached to the intake plenum. Loosen the clamp and take the hose off.Do this with a cold engine, DO NOT DO THIS TO A HOT OR RUNNING ENGINE. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! Get some carburetor cleaner and spray it inside the venturi and scrub it with a toothbrush. On one side of the throttle body is the connection for the cable, or even a linkage, from the accelerator, turn this in direction of cable to open the throttle plate(inside the throttle body),and continue to clean. It is also possible that you have a problem with the Idle Air Control Valve or your Throttle Position Sensor. Depending on your level of comfort you might either clean that all yourself or have your mechanic run a good diagnostic on it. You did not mention if your vehicle shows some kind of check engine light has. Just my 2 cents and difficult to diagnose without actually being there.....:-) good Luck

Debbie will be eternally grateful.