Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

55" Samsung UHD 4k Screen replacement?

I have a 55" Samsung UHD 4K Smart TV (Model # 55HU6950) and a friend of mine took it a pond himself to move it. When he did, he dropped it. Now the outer screen is fine, however the inter LED is broken. You can see it's lighting up, and trying to work, 1and you can hear it too.

I have looked online for a replacement screen with no avail. I really know nothing about the LED screens. From what I can tell, there isn't one for this model that is just install and go. Do you have to cut it and make it, or how does it work? Anybody have any idea's? Anything would be great. Thank you.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Exactly what's this guy thinking. I work for a retailer that sells tv’s and it frustrates me when customers think or demand a screen to be replaced for free because they are too incompitant or clumsy to look after there stuff. If you don't takes the sales guys advice and take out the extended warranty then don't come back crying when you brake it. Go through your home insurance and suck up the premiums. Why wouldn't you cover a £1700 TV against acidental damage?

Please note though, that extended warranty coverage does NOT include physical damage either. Warranty coverage is for defects and failures not damage.

Dan

Bro this guy wasnt crying, just asking advise. I think you may just be a genuine @%^$$@$. Hope whatever is making you a miserable !$$&* gets better man, praying for you, and anyone who has to deal with you.

Wow the first comment was pretty crusty !!! This site is for people who like fixing things when accidents happen so screw the insurance premiums !!! Wow just can't believe some people.

So at dhopjimmy. Com you can find almost everything you need to repair your Samsung however the Lcd screen is the hard fund for sure. I'm in search for one myself . If I find one I will certainly let you know and make our crusty friend go away.

Cheers and good luck

Happy fixing!!!!

I HAVE A SAMSUNG 4K UHD 8000. I PAID $1300.00 BECAUSE I WANTED A TOP OF THE LINE TV.. ONLY 3 YEARS AND THE SCREEN IS NOT WORKING. I CALLED A TECH. AND HE TOLD ME THAT MANY SET OF THIS PARTICULAR MODEL IS BAD. I WENT TO THE INTERNET AND HUNDRES OF COMPLAINS. IT IS ABOUT TIME AS CONSUMERS LETS GET TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!. I AM SURE MANY LAWYERS IN CLASS ACTIONS WLL TAKE A CASE LIKE THIS...REMEMBER THE NOTE 7 FIASCO....COST SAMSUNG BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. WHEN YOU SPEND $1.300 DOLLARS FOR A HIGH QUALITY TV SE AND IT LASTS ONLY 3 YEARS, THERE IS NOT REASON...AND MANY MANY CUSTOMERS WITH SAME ISSUEE!....IT ONLY NEED ONE COURAGE, UPSET CUSTOMER TO START A STORM. MY TECH TOLD ME TO TRASH IT BECAUSE THE ELECTONIC ELEMENT DAMAGED IS SEALED ON PURPOSE AND YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE WHOLE SCREEN!!! COME ON SAMSUNG.,.COME ON I WILL FIGHT FOR MY RIGHT FOR THE PROTECTION OF A CUSTOMER FOR AN EXPENSIVE TV THAT LASTED JUST 3 YEARS...Rod Londono rodlondono@yahoo.com Miami Florda.

you mean "break" not "Brake" we are talking about destroying something here not pads on a car tire.

Most Helpful Answer

@wmidgett85 sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Once your LCD is broken there is no way to fix it. It will have to be replaced. It is extremely difficult to find a new one. The cost of the LCD panel, if even available, will be more than the cost for a new TV. The only way to possibly find one is by either doing an online search based on the manufacturers label affixed to the panel or by purchasing a TV same make and model , that is broken other than the LCD. Than harvest the LCD from that.

Well, That answered it. I supposed I am doomed, I supposed best thing is to list the mother boards for sell. I have searched every where for a replacement with no avail. Thank you so much brother!

This isn't exactly true. I know, because I broke a panel on a Samsung 65". I spoke with Samsung, admitting accidental damage. This isn't covered by warranty so I was required to purchase a replacement panel, and this was replaced on site with all labour and parts costing significantly less (in my 1/3rd) of the retail price.

I was told by the Samsung authorized repair shop that Samsung screens are among the flimsiest in the industry and that they are basically made fragile so that if you do much as press on the screen too hard when wiping it that can break the LCD. Their own shop told me to go with LG. I got the run around for months and in the meantime I did get an LG and I’m actually much happier with this tv than my curved paperweight I have now.

These guys are all sadly wrong, I'm a electronics and computer repair technician. TVs are for babies. Anyone with a soldering iron, a Phillips head and YouTube can fix one, I was able to find a replacement 55 inch oled display for you just 139 dollars. Sometimes finding the part can be the most annoying thing. Remember this key… find out the specific part number you need, Samsung DOES NOT produce all the parts for thier electronics… including the screens, you were never looking for a Samsung part anyways, had you found something claiming to be a Samsung OEM… it would likely be a lie.

Never hire a company like Ifixit or other electronics repair, it's ridiculously easy for anyone with even the slightest bit of mechanical apptitude to do these repairs.

Like xboxs too Ifixit would charge you thru the roof around 80 to repair red ring of death, fixing it involves removing the cover, taking the metal heat sink off the processor and cleaning the old gel off with rubbing alcohol, replacing the gel with heat sink fluid from Best buy for 3 bucks… put it back together. It magically will turn on. Boom.

Don't ever fall for cheaper to buy newer. It's a lie.

can you help please??? need to fix a samsung this model no.ua60f8000arxzn you would be a lifeee saverrr!!!

To those looking to replace screens:

Only the manufacturer will have replacements at this time. In most cases, the cost of the replacement screen will exceed the cost of replacing the TV. One posted here indicated that he/she was able to get a replacement by calling Samsung directly. While I don't dispute this, it is news to me that this occurred. I was more surprised that Samsung sold the part at such a low price. If you can, pursue this for your sets as well. Replacing the screen is a fairly straight forward process. Keep in mind that you will be working with delicate ribbon cables that connect the boards and screen. These cables can easily tear and become useless. If you are not comfortable with the process, contact a service provider that can replace the part for you.

Be also aware that panels don't usually fail (other than from physical damage). All other options should be explored prior to screen replacement.

Dan

Ibe changed one out myself. SO SIMPLE your trouble will be locating one used from saved parts. New will exceed the cost of the entire TV sadly but true. Mine cost over 1k the labor they had the nerve to ask for was over 500 I changed it myself in 30 minutes had never opened one in my life. TV works great..

they do now…fail…3 yrs old …blue spots…never buy Samsung.

I had a colour patch on my 48inch Samsung TV after 2years, not a problem as I bought it from Richer sounds with a 6year warranty included. They replaced the screen within a couple of days

My 55inch Q7F just failed. 8 days before warranty expired. I'm lucky. Waiting to see what Samsung will do to fix it.

NO MORE SAMSUNG

Just bought a 65"nu8000 a week later grandson bumps into it and puts a spider crack in it, called Samsung and basically told too bad for your luck for what 100.00 TV from Malaysia or wherever they re from ,so I'm out 1700.00 thanks for nothing ,as a everything Samsung guy lm done with them .I'll be letting everyone know not to buy any products of them as they don't have your back that's for sure

I'm sorry about your experience, but NO manufacturer would cover this. Physical damage is not covered under warranty by any manufacturer. Had the screen failed without the physical cracking, the screen/TV would have been fixed or replaced.

Not true my screen is cracked and there is no damage anywhere and the repair tech agreed but Samsung called it physical damage I never even got to use it. Still in set up mode

I bought mine from Richer sounds who gave me a 6 year warranty. After almost 3years it developed a fault. Without hesitation they arranged for an engineer to come to my home and replace the screen. First class service. Recommended.

I bought a Samsung NU8000, great picture but there was a tiny bubble on the screen. I called Samsung and they had a look at it and to my surprise agreed to fit a new screen. Problem is now the picture does not look as bright or vibrant as it did, yet all the settings are the same. Also I noticed a very faint shadow running the entire length at the very bottom of the screen, I don't think it was on my original screen. Is it possible the people who changed the screen may have damaged the panel in the process?

i have 75inc samsung smart tv the screen crack how to repair this and who im gonna call? brought this 7mos ago

William M Midgett will be eternally grateful.