Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

55" Samsung UHD 4k Screen replacement?

I have a 55" Samsung UHD 4K Smart TV (Model # 55HU6950) and a friend of mine took it a pond himself to move it. When he did, he dropped it. Now the outer screen is fine, however the inter LED is broken. You can see it's lighting up, and trying to work, 1and you can hear it too.

I have looked online for a replacement screen with no avail. I really know nothing about the LED screens. From what I can tell, there isn't one for this model that is just install and go. Do you have to cut it and make it, or how does it work? Anybody have any idea's? Anything would be great. Thank you.

I bought a 55 Inch Samsung Tv UE55KS9000 in 2016, my kids broke the screen in Sept 2019.

Hard to contact the company appointed by Samsung to do the repair, but in the end I got the figures:

I bought it for 1500 GBP in 2016 in LONDON , now I live in PARIS and they want 792 EUR for the screen, plus 55 to look at the job and I am guessing/hoping they will charge another 100 EUR to fix it (could be more).

In the end I am still deciding if it is worth it: the tv is 3 years old so the cost of fixing it is almost as much as the current value.

Exactly what's this guy thinking. I work for a retailer that sells tv’s and it frustrates me when customers think or demand a screen to be replaced for free because they are too incompitant or clumsy to look after there stuff. If you don't takes the sales guys advice and take out the extended warranty then don't come back crying when you brake it. Go through your home insurance and suck up the premiums. Why wouldn't you cover a £1700 TV against acidental damage?

Please note though, that extended warranty coverage does NOT include physical damage either. Warranty coverage is for defects and failures not damage.

Dan

Bro this guy wasnt crying, just asking advise. I think you may just be a genuine @%^$$@$. Hope whatever is making you a miserable !$$&* gets better man, praying for you, and anyone who has to deal with you.

Wow the first comment was pretty crusty !!! This site is for people who like fixing things when accidents happen so screw the insurance premiums !!! Wow just can't believe some people.

So at dhopjimmy. Com you can find almost everything you need to repair your Samsung however the Lcd screen is the hard fund for sure. I'm in search for one myself . If I find one I will certainly let you know and make our crusty friend go away.

Cheers and good luck

Happy fixing!!!!

I HAVE A SAMSUNG 4K UHD 8000. I PAID $1300.00 BECAUSE I WANTED A TOP OF THE LINE TV.. ONLY 3 YEARS AND THE SCREEN IS NOT WORKING. I CALLED A TECH. AND HE TOLD ME THAT MANY SET OF THIS PARTICULAR MODEL IS BAD. I WENT TO THE INTERNET AND HUNDRES OF COMPLAINS. IT IS ABOUT TIME AS CONSUMERS LETS GET TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!. I AM SURE MANY LAWYERS IN CLASS ACTIONS WLL TAKE A CASE LIKE THIS...REMEMBER THE NOTE 7 FIASCO....COST SAMSUNG BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. WHEN YOU SPEND $1.300 DOLLARS FOR A HIGH QUALITY TV SE AND IT LASTS ONLY 3 YEARS, THERE IS NOT REASON...AND MANY MANY CUSTOMERS WITH SAME ISSUEE!....IT ONLY NEED ONE COURAGE, UPSET CUSTOMER TO START A STORM. MY TECH TOLD ME TO TRASH IT BECAUSE THE ELECTONIC ELEMENT DAMAGED IS SEALED ON PURPOSE AND YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE WHOLE SCREEN!!! COME ON SAMSUNG.,.COME ON I WILL FIGHT FOR MY RIGHT FOR THE PROTECTION OF A CUSTOMER FOR AN EXPENSIVE TV THAT LASTED JUST 3 YEARS...Rod Londono rodlondono@yahoo.com Miami Florda.

fred elliot you area sales person... not a repair technician you know literally nothing beyond specs and figures. don't comments on a subject if you have not knowledge on it.

Most Helpful Answer

@wmidgett85 sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Once your LCD is broken there is no way to fix it. It will have to be replaced. It is extremely difficult to find a new one. The cost of the LCD panel, if even available, will be more than the cost for a new TV. The only way to possibly find one is by either doing an online search based on the manufacturers label affixed to the panel or by purchasing a TV same make and model , that is broken other than the LCD. Than harvest the LCD from that.

Well, That answered it. I supposed I am doomed, I supposed best thing is to list the mother boards for sell. I have searched every where for a replacement with no avail. Thank you so much brother!

This isn't exactly true. I know, because I broke a panel on a Samsung 65". I spoke with Samsung, admitting accidental damage. This isn't covered by warranty so I was required to purchase a replacement panel, and this was replaced on site with all labour and parts costing significantly less (in my 1/3rd) of the retail price.

I was told by the Samsung authorized repair shop that Samsung screens are among the flimsiest in the industry and that they are basically made fragile so that if you do much as press on the screen too hard when wiping it that can break the LCD. Their own shop told me to go with LG. I got the run around for months and in the meantime I did get an LG and I’m actually much happier with this tv than my curved paperweight I have now.

To those looking to replace screens:

Only the manufacturer will have replacements at this time. In most cases, the cost of the replacement screen will exceed the cost of replacing the TV. One posted here indicated that he/she was able to get a replacement by calling Samsung directly. While I don't dispute this, it is news to me that this occurred. I was more surprised that Samsung sold the part at such a low price. If you can, pursue this for your sets as well. Replacing the screen is a fairly straight forward process. Keep in mind that you will be working with delicate ribbon cables that connect the boards and screen. These cables can easily tear and become useless. If you are not comfortable with the process, contact a service provider that can replace the part for you.

Be also aware that panels don't usually fail (other than from physical damage). All other options should be explored prior to screen replacement.

Dan

Ibe changed one out myself. SO SIMPLE your trouble will be locating one used from saved parts. New will exceed the cost of the entire TV sadly but true. Mine cost over 1k the labor they had the nerve to ask for was over 500 I changed it myself in 30 minutes had never opened one in my life. TV works great..

I have two 55" Samsung televisions. One is a 4K the other is 1080P. Can I use a regular 1080P screen to replace a 4K screen that is cracked?

William M Midgett will be eternally grateful.