Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.

Question Closed

My power button doesnt work after my iPhone got wet

My I phone got wet and everything works fine except by the power button that only works sometimes. When it got wet I tried to dry it with a hair dryer for some minutes and it started to work but after 2 days the power button is working less and less and now it is not working at all after 4 days of the incident.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

I would recommend immediately disassembling the phone and allowing it to dry for 24 hours in some rice in at least 2 parts. There are some great guides on how to disassemble it to the logic board and beyond.

Here's one for the 3GS = iPhone 3GS Logic Board Replacement

Do the headphones, volume up/down, and vibration switch work? The power button is on the same ribbon cable as these parts, and connects to the logic board at connector 5. You can inspect the board (and ribbon connector) with a magnifying glass for signs of corrosion and clean with a toothbrush (clean) or similar.

If its clean and connected, you can inspect/take apart the power button itself for direct damage.

It would help to know what model this iphone is. I don't see it. You can add tags (on the right side) to better id your question to get help.