1.83 GHz Core Duo or 1.83, 2, or 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo A1208 (EMC 2104/2110/2114/2124)

257 Questions View all

Where to get replacement LCD panels for EMC 2124?

I have a 17" Intel iMac (EMC 2124) that has a persistent 2" wide white, slightly flickering vertical bar in the middle of the screen. It also has a vague "shadow" going to the right an inch or so.

I've looked on eBay, and the only 17" iMac LCD panels I see are for G4s and G5s.

Does anyone know where to get an (inexpensive) replacement?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Looks like you need part # 661-4020. I did a web search for it and it seems everyones very proud of this LCD. I may have one in stock but I'll have to go look for it. If you're interested click on my icon and email me.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0


Hmm, thanks. I did a quick google with that but the prices are too high for me, since it's a Mac I got for free and plan on giving to family. Hard to believe people want $200-$400 for a panel for a 5 year old computer.

I may just try to find another one that's junk but the screen is still good.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Justin Tremblay will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 1,542