The Bose Wave Radio AWR1-1W, also known as the Bose Wave Radio I, was released in 1993. A countertop AM/FM radio system with a high performance stereo tuner and two independent alarms.

Total functional failure and no diplay

Radio display reverted from time to one digit "7".

Hit power button and there's now no display or any function at all.

When connecting or disconnecting power cord, there's a short static sound indicating power is at least getting to the unit, but then nothing.

Have replaced battery and cycled connecting and disconnecting power.

Is this repairable?

I also have this problem.

Same here...cannot find the Q4. any updates?

No current and does not turn on

My Bose is just a Clock , that's the only thing that works, no radio no cd ...

Hello, I’ve had the same issues. I replaced both the transistor and the regulator just to be safe and got the same symptoms again. My transistor was broken when I tested it outside the board and was not located at the Q4 location like what was said. I had to figure it out my self and realized there is only one transistor in the circuit for that area of the board. researching how to troubleshoot this radio has been !&&*, and I was told some people do this repair and it works and some people do it and it does NOT work, like me. This transistor in question should be a 600mW NPN transistor, any will suffice? Maybe… I used a 2N3904 (626mW NPN) and it didn’t work. I’m anxious to get this fixed for a family friend whos possessor passed away. I need help, I’ve been an aerospace tech for a long time, so I know my practices were safe.

Most Helpful Answer

+5 V voltage regulator shorted. Small transistor located Q4 across diode bridge.

Hello everyone, for beginning, in this model is few revisions of main board, before fix it try to read schematic. My opinion. If you can tell me what part# you got on your main board, I can send you a copy of it.

This also resolved my problem. The part was only $1.21 (+ shipping) and very easy to replace! P/n 2SC3792 Sanyo transistor from B+D /Enterprises.

can't find Q4 on board, were is location

same...any updates?

same here? any updates please

Hello. I have the same problem with my Bose model awr 1-1 w... Total power failure. Was working fine up till yesterday. Saw a single number two which is no longer there on the readout. It crackles when I unplug it. How do I know if it is the Q4transistor you're talking about? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hope this image helps, Mike Casey mikec6@mac.com

Q4.pdf

The CD player on my Bose skips. Tried replacing the battery as was suggested on a YouTube video but no luck. Local repair guy says “just toss it - not worth fixing and this Bose is notorious for problems with the mother board”. Don’t know who to believe??

jimcunnjr will be eternally grateful.