The first-generation Kia Sportage was developed with a Mazda Bongo engineering base platform.

Why would my dash and taillight fuse keep blowing 02 kia sportage

Is the fuse for the dash lights and tail lights keeps blowing but it only blows out while I drive

It is possible you have a short in your system. A short is where positive connects to ground. Best to check your tail lights and make sure that there are no frayed wires at or leading to them. Also check that there is no rust/corrosion or damage.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

That short could be hard to find. Here's what I'd do, after checking everything obvious. Find an old headlight bulb ( I always save stuff like that) and hook the high beam (which seldom burns out, the low beams go first) in place of the fuse. Be very careful with the wiring and tape the connections. Drive around and see if the light ever comes on brightly when you hit a bump or something. It may dimly glow when you use the taillights.

Glenn Sparks will be eternally grateful.