No sound from internal speaker, after battery replacement

I replaced the battery on my iPhone 6s, went fairly smooth, thought everything was ok, until I received a phone call, and could not hear anything from the internal speaker, works fine on speaker phone, Bluetooth, earphones.

I skipped the screen removal part, and propped up the screen with a rubber band. The only thing i can think of is the screen did go past a 90 degree angle, and I may have damaged the flex cable. I took it apart again, this time removing the screen, checked all the connections, they all snapped back into place, no problem. Same situation, no sound on internal speaker. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would focus your attention to the actual flex cables, not the connectors. Propping up the screen can cause stress on the FCAM/Sensor flex as it has a sharp 90° curve to it. It may have torn slightly, severing the connections to the ear speaker. If that's the case, you can order a replacement flex here and find the repair guide here.

iPhone 6s Front Camera and Sensor Cable Image

@refectio is correct. ALWAYS remove the screen. rushing the repair will generally lead to faulty repairs. likely there was too much stress on the Flex ribbon that caused one of three things.

1) A mechanical shift, in which a realignment would fix the issue.

2) A disconnect under the Panel,

or 3) a tear in the flex ribbon.

keep an eye out for all of these.

I did replace the flex cable, and it solved the problem! Thank you

david connell will be eternally grateful.