Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Location of small black plastic part shaped like right triangle

Hi All,

A small black plastic part, shaped like a right triangle, fell out while I was tearing down my son's iPhone 4s for repair. I searched the interwebs and couldn't find anything like this particular part.

As shown in the attached image, one side of the part has a circular-shaped impression/depression in it, and the other side is flat. The circular depression is not a hole and does not go all the way through the piece. Any idea of where this piece came from?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 4S Dock Connector Replacement

iPhone 4S Dock Connector Replacement

Too me it looks like this part.

Remove the small black spacer that was under the Phillips screw near the vibrator.

Its the spacer.

Further research suggests that there are two black triangle speaker spacers: one on top that has hole in it and that screws into the flange as shown in step 13 in the link provided by nicolay.94 (thanks, nicolay!) and a second thicker one with no hole in it below the screw flange as shown in the figure below:

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

Right above the MFC. This link is from step 23 of this step-by-step guide:

iPhone 4 Verizon Home Button Replacement

Thanks for this great ifixit community. Very helpful.

No problem man!

daideqi will be eternally grateful.