Comprehensive repair manuals for each of the six versions of iPod Original. Common repairs are battery and hard drive replacement.

How can I sync to my computer with no battery?

My iPod was dropped and the connector for the battery cable broke loose. I can use the iPod in my car with the car charger attached but I have a new iPod and would like to sync the old one to the computer to get the songs off. When I connect it to the computer I just get a message on the screen saying "Please wait. Very low battery." I have tried a powered usb hub and am running out of patience. Please help.

Justin, the way I get data of my hard drives is by using an adapter. I got a decent inexpensive adapter for the Zif Drives as well as the drives for the 1st through 4th generation ipod. Once I use the adapter it (the HDD) shows up in the Windows OS as an additional drive and I remove the data with iBack which is freeware. totalcost for the whole seup is around $10 but sure saves me a lot of headache as well as the opportunity to check the HDD on many iPods. Hope this helps.

Justin will be eternally grateful.