Not charging, but recognizes cable

Hello iFixit forum! I've had great answers before, so I decided to try my luck again. I have this iPhone 6s plus that was given to me because it had a bad LCD. I replaced the screen, and then screen works, but the battery will not charge. I can charge the battery just fine with an external battery charger, and the phone works fine. The phone rechognizes the cable (because when the phone was at the dead battery screen it didn't show that it needed the cable plugged in). What could this be?

Thanks in advance!

Try another charging port dock assembly, you can plug one in and test without needing to install it for charging.

You can test charging IC if it works at all by unplugging the battery then plugging the charging cable in. If you get apple logo at least you know the charging IC is working ok, but if the below does not work then it is definitely charging IC.

If that does not help and you know that your charging cable and wall adapter are working then the next thing would be is to replace the Tristar charging IC chip.

That can be only done by people that do micro-soldering.

If you want you can order a replacement charging port from iFixit here:

iPhone 6s Plus Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

And here is the guide on how to replace the part:

iPhone 6s Plus Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Replacement

Note that the logic board does not need to be removed to replace the charging port as specified under the comments section of the guide page which is at the bottom of the page.

iPhone 6s Plus Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image

Product

$44.99

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I will get a charging port assembly, and try that.

Preston Matheny will be eternally grateful.