Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Why is my Xbox one keep turning off and on with the sensor beeping? X

Xbox keeps turning off and on soon as I press the power button. Beeps a couple times then turns on. Xbox green screen shows up then it powers back off. The power brick light turns white and when it shuts off it turns orange

I had this same issue I saw a few post about doing the hair dryer trick but i didnt want to take mine apart. I just used my vacuum using the tube tool and made circles from the outside on the shell where the fan is for like 10 secs. Then it turned on with no issues

Also open your system up and clean the inside look for any foreign objects around the power button area ,I did this and my system works fine now.

my xbox sill wont work

Hi my xbox turns off as soon i try turn it on i toke vacumm to outside of it still nothen i check power cord its fine i even plug it in to nother power source nothen i toke xbox apart check top of fan and around it nothen but small amount of dust i toke small screwdriver i could spin fan . I watch it as i try to trun it on it just beeps and shuts off fan didnt move a inch like most would do soon you trun it one . Would any know what is worng with my xboxs.

My turns off no matter what Microsoft please fix this no matter what I do it turns off no matter what

Your Xbox One console may unexpectedly turn off under the following circumstances:

The console is too hot.

There's a problem with the power supply.

Reset your internal power supply

The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have an internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide. If your console won't turn on, it may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cord from the console.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console.

or perhaps your power supply is clogged and overheating...

Xbox One Power Brick (Day One Edition) Disassembly

Get a new brick.... Or try blowing through the vents on the side of it. I did that and big lint ball or crap flew out and it worked fine but now it's doing it again and I took it apart cleaned fan out and it still shuts off.... So probably easier to order one....

I reset the internal power supply and it did the job. Thanks

I unplugged mine and plugged it back in and then it started up. Unplugged at back of Xbox , I did at wall first, but didn’t come on. So I would say the Xbox had a brain fart.

I had the same problem with the Xbox 1 just switching off , I thought it was my power supply but after placing a fan next to the console and power supply it worked perfectly

I had this problem and solved it you need to dismantle the brick and clean the fan out inside mine was clogged up also I drilled 2 extra holes where the air intake is .it might work others so I thought I'd put it out there

I’ve read this problem over and over again and no real answers to solve it. But I’m betting every one that is having this problem, also at one point took apart their. Xbox one, for one thing or another and the front panel where the ribbon strings across from the eject button to the power button is the source of the issue. Somewhere along the way on your journey to puttng it back together again one of the many tabs, grooves, slots popped into place just an ANGSTROM askew and of the ribbon is bent wrong or both. Because If that panel and ribbon is removed completely the issue will stop. You will have figure out how to straighten whatever is crooked and put it back together perfectly. Get another brand new front like I did or leave it off and use manual eject and connect the circuit with something to power it on or off. (Or use controller)

You are absolutely right ..once i removed the pannel and disconnected the ribbon my problem is solved ..cause i used to open my xbox a lot to clean the fan ..it seems i mught have damaged the ribbon due to that..so yeah it has nothing to do with iverheating or any other solutions i found online

Mime stared before intoke it apart to clean and i was very careful put it back to geather . I still turn it on and it shuts off right after .

Thank you so much, I have spent forever thinking this was other problems, I took my Xbox apart cleaned it, put new thermal compound on, cleaned the block fan in tje power supply and still my Xbox would shut off, but thanks to you it was as simple as disconnecting the ribbon thanks again problem solved!!!

It worked for me ...thanks 100%

Thank you!!!! This worked! After hours of cleaning and hair drying and nothing I just dislodged the front panel ro disconnect the ribbon and its powers up no problem!!

I slam mine in the wall now im feeling better

Do real men troll video game troubleshooting forums?

Anyway don't give up. Mine had the same problem at my mom's house in humid conditions. It worked fine at my house .. same heat but slightly less humid.

Guys I put my hdmi cable in to another TV and it worked . Hope it helps some people

Mine was the fan in the brick clogged up took it apart cleaned the fan drilled a couple more air intake hole next to the ones on it and it worked

I cant take my brick apart i looked at it it still has yellow light when in stand by

FAulty front panel replace it.

The problem with mine is that every time I am on it it just randomly turns off and I tired to put a fan next to and and tired restart it and it still doesn’t work and I Evan tried unplugging everything and leavening it for a couple of minutes and plug everything back in and it still won’t work pls helpppppp

sometimes if you let it sit for a long time that could work and you can let it sit ans it has worked for me before

Dosnt work i try it

I had just come home from work and it is hot in my room and I turn it on to play games and halfway through loading it just shuts off I'm like wtf so I turn it back on and seconds into boot up it just beeps and shuts off

I have a day one edition I've had for about a year and a half. It worked perfectly until it suddenly shut off. Now it comes on for a minute then shuts off again. So I bought a new brick. Still doing the same thing. As far as I know, this machine had never been taken apart either. Any ideas? Tempted to just scrap it and get a oneS but dont want to lose my hours in witcher3.

If the system is even slightly warm before you start it up it will auto shut off mine did this

Yeah unplug brick from wall, wait ten seconds, then it should turn on.

My Xbox 1S still does this but I Did drop it on the front slightly any solutions?

I had this problem with my xbox one X. It would crash then the whole system would freeze. When i would try to turn ot on it would turn off withn 5 to 10 sec. Had it sent to microsoft 3 times already and all they do was factory reset it. Read about it and the power cord that comes with the xbox one x is not strong enough for the system.. after all this time all i did was go get a new power cord from walmart with syronger voltage and now my xbox hasnt had any problems. I also tried everything in the books and this was the solution the whole time. Worked for me and i was ready to give up on this xbox.

Thanks Walmart where I live didn't sell the power cords I have to find place that sells them. Other then a repair shop. We don't even have one of those in my town either.

Thanks for information.

Mine is turning on but turns off , tried what was said but I just replaced the power brick about four months ago so idk

Hi everyone I use my blow hair thing it still work thank everyone my it today 10-2-19

And it keep go off again???

Well i got tired of doing the blow dryer thing so i called microsoft and told them it kept crashing so theyre replacing my xbox one x now

I have this same problem and I dont wanna take it apart what I do is unplug everything and gently shake it to get as much dirt and dust out as possible and it always works for me I might be damaging stuff so I dont suggest anyway try it if no other way works only!!!!!

I had the same problem, turns out it was the power censor in front of the console that was faulty. All i did was to open the xbox one console and unplugged the censor and Boom it has never gone off since then. I just use the controller to turn on the console that’s all.

Austin Gill will be eternally grateful.