Parts & Tools

The Amazon Fire HD 8 (5th Generation) is a sleek, black tablet released by Amazon in September 2015. Model Number: SG98EG.

Kindle fire touch screen not working

My Kindle Fire HD 8 touch screen does not work. I did a hard reset butbthe screen does not let me do anything.

Hi Susan,

A wonderful student group from the University of South Florida created a troubleshooting page to help you identify what's going on with your device. If you find that your screen needs replacing, you can find the part here and all of the tools needed in the iFixit parts store.

Hi Susan,

May be this topic can help you to restart your device

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/...

I have the same problem as Susan and have restarted and rebooted multiple times, but my touch screen still will not work.

Hello Susan, try plug in your device using the usb cord or power adapter that came with it. I recommend you to charge your fire tablets only with an Amazon power adapter. Then, Let your device charge for 30 mins, unplug it, and then try to restart again. Hope this will surely works in your case.

I have a Kindle fire that will not turn on. I have been trying for 3 months to get it to turn on. Nothing works tho. My Kindle is all one unit so I can not take it apart to take out the battery. The tablet is in excellent shape so before I toss it I want to give it a good try to see if I can get it working

Susan Strickland will be eternally grateful.