An electronic doorbell with video playback and two-way talk. Released in April 2016 with model number 88LP000CH000.

Ring video doorbell will not connect to wifi

Ring video doorbell will not connect to wifi and it cannot be seen by my phone.

Hi @blacknyght127 ,

Has it worked OK before or is this a new installation?

Have you checked that there is power at the doorbell?

Use a DMM's (digital multimeter) Voltmeter function to prove that you have power.

Looking at the installation guide it seems as though it needs a 24V AC. 15VA (0.625A) supply

Does the chime have a blue pulsing light?

Thanks for responding. I have the doorbell connected to a 24v transformer. It has never worked. The light going around in circles is all it ever does. I've tried to reset it numerous times.

The chime does have a blue light.

Its wired up according to the directions. I do have power at the doorbell.

Hi @blacknyght127 ,

When you say that it is not "seen" by your phone, do you mean by the "Ring" app or by the phone's WiFi?

Can you see if "Ring setup" is listed in the phone's WiFi list of available networks?

Can you see your home WiFi network with the phone near the doorbell?

Most Helpful Answer

How do you reset the ring doorbell?

If the light still doesn't start spinning when you push the orange button, try performing a hard reset. To perform a hard reset, hold down the black button for 15 seconds. After releasing it, the light on the front will flash a few times indicating that your Ring Doorbell is restarting then re start the setup process all over again.

Ring setup video

mine can find other wifi accept the one I use even put in said and password for hidden not sure how to change channel this should be able to find like my phone and I pad

The time you should hold it pressed is 30 seconds according to Ring's manual (not 15). It goes black after about 20s so I guess they added another 10s to be sure. I provided with a link but the comment was marked as spam then so you'll have to Google it yourself.

PS Even 30s didn't help me with my doorbell, it reset but did't work. But after talking to support, very friendly, they will send me a new one at no cost.

Call the customer service for ring they will help you figure out why it's not login in

I don’t have a problem anymore. But when I installed my new NETGEAR router it came with Circle app. It is a parental filtering app. It took some work but we figured out that app was blocking the Ring doorbell from connecting to the router.   So somewhere - I think you should put that on your forums. So people won’t spen as much time as I’d do trying to get the doorbell to connect to the router.

I, too, have Disney Circle and am having trouble getting my Ring doorbell connected. What did you do to make it connect? I don't see the MAC address of the doorbell showing up in Circle.

I, too, have Disney Circle and I had to turn it off to get the Ring Doorbell Pro to work with my Netgear Orbi WiFi router. I had recently installed the Orbi router and had been using it for a while (week or so). Then I decided to turn on the Disney Circle and that’s when I lost my Ring Doorbell Pro connection. I tried everything and was beginning to think that the doorbell had gone bad. It was not until I saw this post that made me think to turn it off and when I did, I went through a reset and it works.

David will be eternally grateful.