Parts & Tools

Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

My phone is the only device that has a bad wifi connection

My iPhone 6's wifi connection was working perfectly fine until about 2 months ago. Now, 5 feet is about the maximum distance i can be from my router in order to get a connection on this device. Every other device  (iphone 4, ipad, tablets, laptops) has a good connection throughout the house. Another thing I should probably note is that my phone has a great connection to other spots such as public wifi and personal hotspots. And also that my phone has not had a SIM card for the past 7 or so months.

This is what I have tried:

-resetting router

-Factory reset on phone

-Reset Network settings on phone

-Disabling bluetooth on phone

-Disabling "wifi networking" under phone settings-->privacy-->location services-->wifi networking

-Switching dns to ( 8.8.8.8 ) , ( 8.8.4.4) , and ( 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 )

-Renewing Lease  through phone 

-Switching Channels through router settings

This is exactly what happened to me. About a couple months ago my wifi sucks only on my iPhone 6. And after reading this im 100% sure this isn’t an accident. Apple is encouraging you to buy a new phone because this one is to “old” even tho it works perfectly fine. Solution, dont ever buy IPhone again because this $@$* will only keep on happening. Im sorry.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

I got this issue after swapping a Draytek 2820n with a TP-LINK TL-WA901N. Everything else (android, pc, mac, cameras, alexa, bosch easy control) is fine except iphone 6 which works but keeps dropping wifi. Apple what have you done?

Will invest in a power pack for my tablet do no upload my tab. To my phone.

There are many things that can be happening here:

1) Your router lowers the priority of your device for some reason, sometimes you can find a list of devices and its priotiry in the router settings.

2) Your phone is having problems with your network protocol. You may test with another iPhone 6 and your network.

3) Your phone's wifi antenna is broken and you should replace it.

You may see the link to the IFixIt page to repair (be careful if you will change it, follow every instruction and use the correct tools) attached in this answer.

iPhone 6 WI-FI Antenna Replacement

Also, I will attach the link to buy the WI-FI antenna.

iPhone 6 WI-FI antenna buy link.

Greetings, Koxx.

iPhone 6 Top Left Antenna Image

Product

iPhone 6 Top Left Antenna

$14.99

It may be a problem with:

1) The priority of your device to the router (should try with a soft reset to the router)

2) Your network protocol, maybe your network protocol is not the best for your phone (should change phone or router)

3) Your phone's WI-FI antenna (you may replace it)

Here is the link to the guide of how to change iPhone 6 WI-FI antenna:

iPhone 6 WIFI antenna replacement guide

Greeting, Koxx.

I have the same problem with a Samsung S10…. It wss fine bit now is bad.

I have 2 apple phones (both iphone 6) and 3 android phones at home. Only iPhone6 has the problem of WiFi distance. You have to be like in the same room to get it connected. It used to work just perfect earlier.

I have not changed any phones. My other phones work at the same spot in my home, except these iPhones!

William Reid will be eternally grateful.