3rd iteration of Amazon's Kindle Paperwhite series released on June 30, 2015 as part of the 7th Generation of Kindle products. The Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation is a 6-inch, 300 PPI reading display tablet that is Wi-Fi capable. The designated model number is DP75SDI.

doesn't open, hard restart, recharge and recognized on computer

I have a paperwhite. Everything was normal until yesterday. I had recharged it on saturday. I used it on saturday and sunday (there should be still pretty much battery). But i couldn't open it on sunday evening. Couldn't restart/hard reset it. I plugged it on my computer. It didn't show up on my computer. Even if battery is dead, i thought i could see it on my computer as a USB stick. I charged it for 10 hours but still battery lamp is orange not green. What is the problem ?

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

I found another page where everyone was saying hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds and it will reset the paperwhite. Resetting doesn't work for everyone. It didn't work for me. My paperwhite has said critical battery recharge now for 3 weeks. (yeah it is still on) Nothing happens and I held the button down for over a minute. Amazon sent me a replacement. It has an orange light while charging. The light turns green. I try to use it. I read for 20 minutes then I have to do something. The kindle goes to sleep. Then less than 30 seconds later I get a battery with an exclamation point on the screen. I have had the kindle for 4 days, read a total of 1 hour and charged it a total of 36 hours. Some replacement. Now I am waiting on Paperwhite the third to show up. I am getting worried there is a problem with the batteries and they are going to start catching on fire like the Kindle Fires did.

Try another charger if you haven’t already

Turan Tanrıverdi will be eternally grateful.