2.0GHz, 2.3GHz, or 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Why does my screen have horizontal lines over everything that is blue?

https://imgur.com/a/P4mDT

I took that picture with my phone, I had to adjust the looks of the image for the lines to show up. If you look at the image from a distance you will see faint, horizontal lines across the App Store icon.

But this is not the only place these lines occur. They occur over everything that is blue; buttons, other icons, etc. From afar, the lines aren't really noticeable. But up close they really get annoying.

My Mac is a Late 2013 2.3 GHz MacBook Pro with an intel iris pro and nvidia 750m graphics card.

I took a screenshot on my Mac of the icons and zoomed in on the image to see if the lines would enlarge. But they did not, which means these lines aren't part of the design of the buttons/icons.

Furthermore, my sister has a similar MacBook Pro (just with the intel iris pro, not the 750m), and the lines did not show up.

More importantly, I am running High Sierra, whereas she is running Sierra.

So, could this be a software or a hardware issue?

Baked potatoes

I'm suspecting your display cable is degrading or the connections on the logic board has corrosion.

To make sure you'll need to hook up an external monitor comparing your system to your sisters. They should look the same. Let us know what you find.

You'll need to follow this IFIXIT guide: MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Late 2013 Display Assembly Replacement as you'll need to remove the display to gain access to the connection just under the black clutch cover. Apple doesn't offer this cable as a spare but you can find it, otherwise you'll need to swap out the display assembly.

The external does not have the horizontal lines when connected to an external monitor.

Dominic M will be eternally grateful.