Parts & Tools

Repair guides and support for your Mitsubishi TV, no longer produced by Mitsubishi Electric.

Why is volume going up by itself and remote will not control

Mitsubishi WD65731 watching tv and volume went up remote will not control it .Front panel brings it down but goes back up

Yes have changed batteries several times

Problem still exist, even though I've changed batteries….new

I have an Insignia TV thats been doing this sporadically for about 2 months,but whatever is “telling “ the TV to do this is a big mystery.Tonight I not only rebooted the cable but also unplugged the TV and left it off for a while.When i reattached the plug and turned it on it was EXACTLY the same,and still had the Volume level indicator still stuck on screen.Why would any TV have such a stubborn control,unless it's some kind of safety feature? It is very perplexing and frustrating.Hard to believe after all these years so many folks are dealing with such an annoying yet hard to fix problem…

Please help, this is really frustating

1-19-2019 We’ve been having the same sort of problem but not only does volume go up BUT the tv turns itself on during the night and volume goes to 100. I’ve changed batteries, rebooted, unplugged, gone back to original settings and then reinstalled everything. I don’t know what else to do. I called the cable company but they say it’s the tv. I’ve called the LG tv company and they run tests and say tv is fine. TV is less than a year old.

Hi @ohlmeyer6,

What is the model number of the LG TV?

If it is connected to the internet, try disconnecting the internet and check if the problems stops.

Ohlmeyer6 I have exactly the same problem and my TV is also less than a year old. I’m not sure how to fix it.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Hi @ martyhoh,

You don't state the model number of your TV but have you tried operating/releasing the Volume Up button on the TV itself (if it has one) to see if this clears the volume level indicator.

It may be a faulty Volume Up button that is the cause of the problem.

If this doesn't work, try disconnecting the power from the TV and then removing the back off the TV and disconnecting the button "board" cable from the mainboard. Then reconnect the power to the TV and check if this prevents the problem from occurring.

Be careful when working in the back of the TV. Try not to touch anything that you shouldn’t and do not just pull the button board cable connector out. Inspect it to see how it releases from the connector on the mainboard. Also don’t pull it by the wires as you may pull them out of the connector (if it is a connector type arrangement). pull it by the plug instead. You don’t want to cause more problems. ;-)

If the button board is the cause of the problem, you still should be able to use the remote control to control the TV, until you get a replacement button board

Is it necessary to get a replacement, or can it just be operated from the remote?

It worked when I disconnected the electricity from TV and plugged again.

Thanks.

%#*@. Removed the rear of the tv, disconnected the "button board" cable mentioned from the tv's sound controls. Still had the problem. The volume shot right back to 100. So, now I have no idea where the issue is.

Thanks. 12/08/2019 by Khalil Mohammed.....

I DID WHAT LHALIL DID AND ALL IS WELL. DO NOT TAKE YOUR TV APART OR DO ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL AFTER YOU UNPLUG YOUR TV FOR A FEW MINUTES AND PLUG IT BACK IN. IF DISCONNECTING YOUR TV FOR A FEW

MINUTES DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU, TRY THIS ONE MORE TIME THEN GO AHEAD WITH OTHER REPAIRS OR SERVICE. A NEW SMALLER TV [WITH WARRANTY] MAY BE CHEAPER THAN PAYING FOR SERVICE. LOVE ALL - JIM

'chosen solution' may not be required for your tv. it is if there is no other solution. love all - jim

Hi @tarpop29 ,

If your TV is less than 12 months old and you’ve had it from new, it should still be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Verify that the TV is still within the warranty period and if still valid, consult the warranty statement that came with the TV. Usually it is in the User guide for the TV, if not and you can’t find it search online for (insert the TV make and model number) warranty, and follow the directions in the warranty as to what you have to do to make a claim for a manufacturer’s warranty repair or replacement.

You probably tried this but are the batteries in the remote almost dead? My remote gets glitchy when the batteries are low.

I also have the same problem , bought a second hand TV , iT worked fine for one day , yesterday it waked me up with loud volume switching it self on. and the volume goes up and down by it self.

When you say it ‘goes up’ do you mean it starts out lower and the volume rises and rises until it’s loud, or is it one second quiet, the all of a sudden really loud? Does the volume go up and down as things are changing on the screen? Like between each commercial?

Just wondering if you have some kind of ‘TruVolume’ or ‘Night Mode’ - type of feature that is causing your leveling to change.

Thank you for trying to help solve this. I usually set vol at 10 or 12 when watching. Out of no where, the volume starts going up and it continues until it reaches max100. If I try to lower it, it “fights” with me and charges back up to 100. I have found that when I press the microphone to use voice control, I am then able to control the volume. Otherwise, I have to reset the remotes to make one or both function. Cable person was just here again. He thinks it has something to do with the volume sensor in the tv, but has no idea why the tv comes on in the middle of the night when no one is in the room with it. He said he would try changing out the box

I have the same problem. I’ve had to unplug it to stop it from turning on with the volume at full ball in the middle of the night. It’s creepy!!

Yes, we have to unplug the tv every night so it doesn’t startle us during the night when it comes on by itself and the volume goes up as high as it can go.

I had the same problem at 3:30 this morning. TV went on by itself, volume went to 100, and startled out of a deep sleep. When I got to the remote, it would not work on the volume or power. I changed out the batteries and it still wouldn't work. I tried the buttons on the tv and they wouldn't work either. My only option was to unplug. I have an universal remote that I may try to pair it with and see if it will work.

They are being turned up by the trickster ghost in our homes.

here’s a picture of what to do if it isn’t a problem with your remote. Worked for me just now

mine is flush to the tv frame so nothing to grab to jiggle it

My tv had the same issue it was jus because my tv was sitting in its own buttons

volume going up and staying at 100%. tried everything suggested in commentsand a few more things. last thing i did was pull electrical cord while tv still on. after one minute pluged tv cord back in. pushed tv.s start button on back. nothing. tv dead. after a few more minutes, used remote to turn on tv and everything is working proerly again. thanks to all for your opinions. love - jim….

This just started for me but i dont know how old tv is

But i have answer to problem: Get a new tv

I had same problem found out it was sensor so just covered up with tape no problems since

Edward Breaux will be eternally grateful.