Repair guides and support for your Mitsubishi TV, no longer produced by Mitsubishi Electric.

Why is volume going up by itself and remote will not control

Mitsubishi WD65731 watching tv and volume went up remote will not control it .Front panel brings it down but goes back up

Yes have changed batteries several times

Problem still exist, even though I've changed batteries….new

I have an Insignia TV thats been doing this sporadically for about 2 months,but whatever is “telling “ the TV to do this is a big mystery.Tonight I not only rebooted the cable but also unplugged the TV and left it off for a while.When i reattached the plug and turned it on it was EXACTLY the same,and still had the Volume level indicator still stuck on screen.Why would any TV have such a stubborn control,unless it's some kind of safety feature? It is very perplexing and frustrating.Hard to believe after all these years so many folks are dealing with such an annoying yet hard to fix problem…

Please help, this is really frustating

1-19-2019 We’ve been having the same sort of problem but not only does volume go up BUT the tv turns itself on during the night and volume goes to 100. I’ve changed batteries, rebooted, unplugged, gone back to original settings and then reinstalled everything. I don’t know what else to do. I called the cable company but they say it’s the tv. I’ve called the LG tv company and they run tests and say tv is fine. TV is less than a year old.

Hi @ohlmeyer6,

What is the model number of the LG TV?

If it is connected to the internet, try disconnecting the internet and check if the problems stops.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

You probably tried this but are the batteries in the remote almost dead? My remote gets glitchy when the batteries are low.

Hi @ martyhoh,

You don't state the model number of your TV but have you tried operating/releasing the Volume Up button on the TV itself (if it has one) to see if this clears the volume level indicator.

It may be a faulty Volume Up button that is the cause of the problem.

If this doesn't work, try disconnecting the power from the TV and then removing the back off the TV and disconnecting the button "board" cable from the mainboard. Then reconnect the power to the TV and check if this prevents the problem from occurring.

Be careful when working in the back of the TV. Try not to touch anything that you shouldn’t and do not just pull the button board cable connector out. Inspect it to see how it releases from the connector on the mainboard. Also don’t pull it by the wires as you may pull them out of the connector (if it is a connector type arrangement). pull it by the plug instead. You don’t want to cause more problems. ;-)

If the button board is the cause of the problem, you still should be able to use the remote control to control the TV, until you get a replacement button board

When you say it ‘goes up’ do you mean it starts out lower and the volume rises and rises until it’s loud, or is it one second quiet, the all of a sudden really loud? Does the volume go up and down as things are changing on the screen? Like between each commercial?

Just wondering if you have some kind of ‘TruVolume’ or ‘Night Mode’ - type of feature that is causing your leveling to change.

Thank you for trying to help solve this. I usually set vol at 10 or 12 when watching. Out of no where, the volume starts going up and it continues until it reaches max100. If I try to lower it, it “fights” with me and charges back up to 100. I have found that when I press the microphone to use voice control, I am then able to control the volume. Otherwise, I have to reset the remotes to make one or both function. Cable person was just here again. He thinks it has something to do with the volume sensor in the tv, but has no idea why the tv comes on in the middle of the night when no one is in the room with it. He said he would try changing out the box

Edward Breaux will be eternally grateful.