Why does my homebutton and sound not work after display replacement

before I start i want to apologize for my grammatical errors in this text. I'm not a native speaker.

To my question, due to an broken display i replaced the display of my iphone 5s by myself. After being done i tested if all things were working now all the problems i have: my home button doesn't work neither touch id the sound also doesn't work i can't here music, youtube or my phone ringing. i dont even hear a sound of i plug my earphones in any solutions or does someone know what mistakes i may have done? i cant find any. this is not my first time opening an iphone and everything worked till now

Start by double checking your work by going through this guide.

For the Home Button, did you purchase a replacement screen with a button already installed? If yes, then that is why the Touch ID no longer works. You have to install the original Home Button for Touch ID. If you did transfer yourHB, then you may have damaged the thin flex cable. Look at it with a magnifying glass to see if there are any tears.

As for the sound issues, take a close look at the Lightning Port flex assembly. It may be incorrectly connected or damaged.

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like a damaged charge port assembly. Ive linked the purchase page and repair guide below.

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector Replacement

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image

Product

$29.99

jay suyama will be eternally grateful.