Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Why is there a colored vertical bar?

I have had this samsung LE32D550 for years, but since I moved it, it showed a very lightly discolored vertical bar, a few centimeters wide. In the 2 months since then, the discoloration became more intense, and it sometimes seems like the picture inside the bar is enlarged/misplaced.

The bar always seems to be in the same place, and it is there the moment I turn the television on, on any channel.

For reference: this is what it looked like 2 months ago:

And this is what it looked like yesterday:

Is it possible for me to repair this?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

whether or not it is repairable by yourself, depends on both your skillsets, as well as why this symptom is arising.

When LCDs are connected to logic boards, it is usually done via flex ribbons. (a thin ribbon that houses multiple micro threaded wires.

The issue you are having is simply a portion of the LCD is not being processed by the logic board properly. This can be caused by multiple issues that can happen while moving a television.

1) The Flex ribbon dislodged: Disconnect the LCD Flex Ribbon. Clean each of the connections with a 99% isopropyl. (non-conductive alcohal) and reinstall them

2) The HDMI Cord is failing: Be sure to test the cord on another HDMI source to verify function.

3) The HDMI Source is failing: be sure to test the source on a seperate output device.

4) The Connector was damaged: Repairing or replacing these connectors is tedious, but not excessively difficult.

5) The HDMI port is damaged: Replacing the port will fix the issue

6) a kink or tear in the flex ribbon: Replacing the flex ribbon will fix this issue.

7) LCD Damage: the connection to the LCD terminals may have cracked. replacing the LCD will fix this issue.

8) board damage: Replacing the logic board will fix this issue.

Fabian will be eternally grateful.