SodaStream Source is a new way to create soda in the comfort of your own home that allows you to personalize your beverage and make only the drinks you want, avoiding all the extra bottles.

The carbonating tube leaks CO2 when machine is not in use.

Carbonating tube leak

@jr77 Have you checked out the guide we have here on ifixit . You may find it helpful

SodaStream Source Internal Carbonation Air Hose Replacement

This is a very good guide as a teardown. But where do you get the replacement part if you need to replace it? The only place i know of is ebay and they are not selling the hose you would have to buy another damaged or good machine and take the hose out of it. Im sorry but thats an awful lot of work to save a couple of bucks. You can get a working used replacement for around $25.00 on ebay and just toss the old one avoiding all that extra unnecessary work to go through.

@j0vian Hi Joe the hose in the photo looks like pneumatic air line and can be found at places like Home Depot or Lowes the ends look like simple compression fittings . I use these part all the time in my field of robotic . I do have a supplier I use for parts that is a cheaper source than these big box stores but the line usually runs less than 50cents a foot and the compression fittings are reusable unless damaged and they can be replace for less than 5bucks

What I wanna know is how to put the line through the compression fittings, one end detached itself

If the Carbonation canister is not set firmly, you may hear excess gas leaving the machine. This can be caused by having worn out or too many washers, or if the canister is not screwed in enough. Make sure the canister is securely fastened before and after use.

*Note: Recent carbonation bottles have been recalled due to the possibility of bursting under pressure. If this issue of gas escaping occurs, and your bottle was purchased between Feb. 2016 and Jan. 2017, consider changing out the canister and checking if your bottle was part of the recall.

Here is a Ifixit Troubleshooting page you can look at.

If changing the cylinder does not help then it is most likely defective. It is most likely a leaking gasket or o-ring. It may be repairable but It is dangerous to mess with anything that uses that kind of pressure. I would replace it myself if I were you, but before you do try the soda stream support team and see if you can get a replacement.

customer.care-uk@sodastream.com

0845-601-0093

It’s clearly leaking from the tube. I put my finger on it and can feel it. Any way to fix this? Or is it defective?

@jimfixer Thats awesome, I just want to let you know that I tried to make my own sodastream to c02 tank adapter and the 800psi line blew up in my face and scared the crap out of me. I realize that this tiny hose isn't under quite that much pressure.. "probably" but it does sound like a job that can blow up in your face when a used replacement is so cheaply and easily obtained.

Jason will be eternally grateful.