Why were the volts of the second battery decreased?

One day, I realized that my iPod Touch wouldn't turn on, so I opened it and I diagnosed that the volts of the battery weren't 3.7 (as they had to be), but 2.1! So I replaced that battery with a new one, and my iPod worked successfully. But after three days, it stoped working again! Then I checked again the battery and the volts were 3.04! Could anyone help me, please?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

The voltage should increase when you charge it (as far as I know) so if it's not charging then it could be something else. Like a problem with the dock conector.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

Thank you for your answer BUT I am not sure that the dock connector has any problem, because:

1st) Before the second battery broke down, it was getting charged and

2nd)I had exactly the same problem with my first battery but, as I wrote before, my second battery was getting charged.

by

George, I am sorry not sure why you say your battery got charged. How did you check that?

by

So your saying that after the first discharge it will charge up again, but won't hold it's charge after that?

by

I have just been reading that some People have just restored their iPod In iTunes and this has fixed it. Are you still able to turn it on? Or is it completely no responsive?

by

To oldturkey03: The second battery got charged 3 times and then it broke down.

To Michael C: As my second battery had broken down, I opened my iPod Touch and soldered the battery again, and then I connected only the Lcd Display and it turned on again, BUT when I connected all the other stuff (Metal Backplate and Front Panel) it didn't turn on. Then, I tried again only with the Lcd Display, but it didnt turn on...

by

Show 10 more comments

Add a comment

3.7v is the nominal voltage for a lithium polymer battery cell. If you look at a graph of the amount of charge left in the battery, and what voltage the battery is at, the majority of that graph would be at 3.7v. These cells, however, when fully charged, reach 4.2v, and when your iPod shuts off, it should be between 2v and 2.5v. This is because the battery can be permanently damaged if discharged below 2v. In this case, your battery is functioning perfectly, so your issue is with something else in your ipod

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

+ Yep been saying the same thing. It's not the Battery.

by

I agree, not the battery!

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

George will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 1,158