iPod 5th Generation (Video)

Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

My iPod Will Not turn on any suggestions?

About a month ago i had my ipod sitting on my kitchen counter and went outside. I came back in and accidently spilled milk on it. I try to turn it on and it displays the apple logo,then displays the sad face logo. I would prefer to try and get it fixed,rather than purchase a new one.

Most Helpful Answer

Rickey, you should definitely open your ipod iPod 5th Generation (Video) Logic Board Replacement and remove the battery. Clean the logic board with isopropyl alcohol, check it for any corroded components, clean all connectors with isopropyl alcohol and let it dry thouroughly. Replace your battery with a new one iPod Video 30 GB Replacement Battery agter that you should try to restore your iPod either with iTunes or see if it shows up in your OS and if you can reformat your iPod drive. You will lose allof your data on it. But first you need to clean it properly. Worst case scenario you will need a hard drive or logic board, but both are cheaper than a new iPod. Let us know how it is going so we can continue to assist you.

Mentioned Items

Rickey will be eternally grateful.