Battery goes from 100 to 1% in 2 hours and stays at 1% for a long time

I charge my phone, like always to 100%. Next thing I know after 2 hours my phone is at 1% with flash light on, for like an half an hour. I have no idea wtf is going on. Like I can watch one of "The Flash" episoed at 1% with flashlight on + with background music on. Like right now I'm typing this at 1% battery life with my flashlight on.....

And by the way i turn on my flash light at 1%, so i can kill the battery and recharge it to 100%. That`s why i turn on the flash light for.

Do you have a Mac you can hook up to run diagnostics?

Has this phone ever been opened or previously repaired? It kinda sounds like the gas gauge line is damaged. That would mean that the CPU is getting incorrect data from the battery regarding it's charge state.

So what does the battery gas gauge line look like, where is it, and can I fix it at home? My phone is crazy!

The original battery had a boot-loop issue and swelled up huge (it would never show the "dead battery" red icon either) so I replaced it. Second battery didn't fix the boot-loop problem or "dead battery" either so I sent the phone off for repairs. Shop didn't know what they were doing so they just changed the charging chip which did nothing...second battery swelled.

I'm now on my third battery and I'm afraid to charge it. Batt came charged so I used it until it ran completely out. Having restart problems like Shr3kt and weird 1% jumping to 11%, back to 3%, 1%, etc.

I'm so freaking frustrated with this! Apple won't touch my phone because it's been opened.

So, gas gauge...enlighten me please.

The gas gauge is a circuit inside the battery that keeps tabs on the current condition of the battery. This is communicated to the CPU.

If the line is damaged or the battery has a bad circuit, then the CPU will read fluctuating data and mess things up. However considering this phone has been poked around, I would suggest you find a reputable shop that does micro-soldering repairs to dig into this deeper. This is not your typical DIY fix, other than replacing the battery and seeing what happens.

Most Helpful Answer

I dont think it is completely necessary to completely discharge the battery. However it does sound like a bad battery. Or it could also be contributed to the recent iphone update from apple. I would replace the battery.

iPhone 6s Plus Replacement Battery

iPhone 6s Plus Replacement Battery Image

Product

iPhone 6s Plus Replacement Battery

$24.99

I had the same thing happen to me i was listening to music and it drained my battery but when it got to 1% it stayed for over an hour

Shr3kt will be eternally grateful.