Model A1297 Unibody: Early 2009, Mid 2009, Mid 2010 & Late 2011

changing to wd 1tb hdd

hi guys

i´ve heared that you can upgrade the hdd up to 1 tb now. the new wd do have 1tb 2,5 and a installation height of 12,5mm. as i readed on several blogs and forums it should be now possible to build in hdd´s with this height.

sdomebody experencies with it?

For the record here is a 1TB drive (12.5) that OWC states will fit in a MacBook Pro unibody. Ralph

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Western%2...

DFM had it right. Ralph

k +

iFixit doesn't seem to offer any 1TB drives for it, and says on both the mid and early 2009 version pages the max you can get is 500 gb.

Go for it! I installed the WD10TPVT a couple of months ago in my 17" Unibody and it works perfectly! It fits perfectly and was an easy upgrade.

This computer is compatible with 12.5mm drives. However, if you look at new Advanced Format drives, "large" laptop drives are often 7mm-9.5mm, so this problem with 12.5mm drives is only on larger (~1TB) drives at this point.

according to this article at TUAW, the 12.5mm high drives such as the WD 1TB Scorpio are too thick to fit in any of the unibody Mac laptops - although such a drive would fit in the previous generation 17" MBP. this info apparently comes from Other World Computing, a reliable vendor of Mac hardware upgrades

Fitting 12.5mm hdd in 17 inch Unibody MBP is not a problem at all. I'm writing this from my MBP already upgraded with WD 750GB which is 12.5mm thick also. So, 'that article' is just not true.

If you called the apple support they would tell you if you want to call the number is

U.S. iPod and Mac technical support:

(800) APL-CARE (800-275-2273)

Canada technical support:

(800) 263-3394

NICO will be eternally grateful.