The Dell Venue 7 is a 7" HD Android tablet. It was released October 2013.

Is it possible to upgrade my tablet to android 5.0, 6.0 or maybe 7.0?

So I have a dell Venue 7 that runs Android 4.4.2. It has 1984 MB (1.9 gb) of RAM, with an Intel Atom Z2560 clocked at 1.60 Ghz and it has 12 GB of internal storage. I would like to know if it is possible to update it to a newer version of android, because jellybean is outdated and this tablet should be able to handle at least lollipop. I am fine if I have to factory reset it, as I have nothing important on it so there is no problem with doing so. So, overall, Is upgrading possible? Before you ask: Yes, I have already tried doing the update center. Says no updates available.

It is an old 2013 tablet, so that's why i want to do lollipop. I don't think it will be able to handle much more, but i doubt it is posible, as i found out my device is not rootable :/

Is it at all possible?

Hai I have a china tablet that is a touch company that old android version marshmallow 6.0 so want to update into marshmallow 6.0.1 please send me how to update this tablet total process

Hi there, I have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with Android version 4.0.4. Nothing is compatible with it anymore. How can I upgrade it to the latest Android version please? I have checked and it says no updates available

Is there anything similar for an Asus Zenpad C 7.0 P10Z? I have rooted it before but cannot find anything past stock Lollipop for it. I actually have 25 of them and they are getting close to unusable so anything I can do to extend their lives would be great!

Connor, the new Android 6/7 have great memory optimizations and take less resources. They actually work better on old hardware. The manufacturers just dont upgrade because it takes money to test the new versions of android on old devices, and they prefer you spend money on a new tablet anyway. Nexus 9 is a 2014/2015 tablet, and it works better on Android 7/8 than what it shipped with.

Most Helpful Answer

Yes you can.

Please note if you follow my instructions you will lose all your data, so backup before committing (i.e. documents, pictures, videos, etc).

This is a slightly dense forum for all the Dell Venue models.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/dell-ve...

You need to

• unlock the boot loader

• install a custom recovery

• root

• install a new version of Android

• install Gapps

This video may make it easier for you. However, get the latest gapps from opengapps.org, and the latest Android from lineageos.org to ensure the best performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbrGyvA2...

Do I need to have root access to do this? Because root access is unavailable

You will gain root access if you follow the instructions in the forum.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...

Does that ROM include the play store? Or will that need to be installed too?

BTW @avanteguarde Any chance of flashing my LG G5 without voiding the warranty? Do you think I'll be getting 8.0?

@pccheese LG G5 is slated to get an official Android 8 update. It was supposedly slated for December, and it was pushed by Verizon. So I think late February is the possible time frame. Galaxy S8 are late as well, Originally slated for December, Germany just got it on some phones today from Samsung.

Connor will be eternally grateful.