A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Why is my ps4 shutting off by itself?

Hello it's been a week since my ps4 started to shut off by itself and get corrupted I thought it was the ps4 the problem since only it and my tv are plugged into the power strip and only the ps4 shuts off the tv remains ON I tried with several power strips and extension cords. Yesterday I was going to buy another ps4 but I stopped and wanted to try something I plugged the ps4 into the wall socket directly and left it ON for 5h30 minutes and guess what it stayed ON. The thing is I can't leave the ps4 plugged into the wall socket because it's far and I only have 1 which means No TV... what should I do? why does this problem occur? would a UPS solve the problem? if yes is a pure sine wave one mandatory?

Most Helpful Answer

It happens because you are overloading your plug with a power strip that has to many things connected and drawing too many amps try an extension cord from another know working outlet

Hi, Well I've been plugging My tv and ps4 into a power strip for 2 years never had a problem I can't see how a ps4 that use max 240w and an lcd tv overloading a power strip that can handle up 600w (it's written on it) besides why is it only the ps4 that shuts off and the tv stays ON ?

I had the same problem on my old PS4 and it is a known issue with Sony. I had to pull mine apart and completely clean out the fan and heat sink and put new thermal paste processor. After this completely flawless operation. They get very dusty and dirty inside. When they clog up, they'll shut down randomly every time.

PlayStation shut down 1st thought was my hdd changed it loaded new firmware worked 4 3 weeks then same old thing shut down booted in safe mode started crashing out loading data screen freezing with little red dots reloaded in safe mode 're tried several times know ps4 won't even boot in safe mode can anyone help other than the bin man and me purchasing a new ps4

well it never did it before and i had the same thing plug in over 2 years now

There is no sign of it shutting off such as a red light flashing it just shuts off, and there isn’t much online. The big thing is Sony expects me to pay $100 to send it in. That’s a load of bs, if I paid $450 I expect $450 worth of service. Not to mention it’s a malfunction based off their design. I hope this hurts their less than flawless reputation!

Nonn will be eternally grateful.