My phone won’t turn on and home button doesn’t work

My phone had been taken away for 5 months i just got it back and its been charging for 4 hours but wont turn on and i was looking up ways to fix it the only logical answer is hold the home and power button until the apple logo appears but my home button is broken so what should i do

You should test your battery first. If you can, open up your phone and disconnect the battery. Measure the voltage at the battery connector (the two outer pins). It should measure more than 3.5V. If it measures less than that, the battery will not be charged enough to boot the phone and it may be fully depleted/damaged.

How do I measure the battery voltage?

Hi Chris, if you aren't sure how to measure voltage on the battery, I strongly recommend you bring your iPhone to a reputable repair shop so that they can troubleshoot it.

If you found this answer helpful, please select "Was this answer helpful? - YES" and/or if this answer solved your problem, please “Choose as Solution”. This allows people in the future to understand which answers helped solve the problem and adds value to the site. - Thanks

All you have to do is hold the power button until it shows the apple logo. It is unnecessary to hold the home button unless you are hard reseting. I can tell this probably didn't work either, so here's a suggestion:

If you didn't try this yet, try a different lighting cable or try cleaning the one you have. If it's dirty then the dirt may be blocking the way. If it's the cable itself, then it won't work on any other iPhones you have.

I don't know what to say except to replace the battery or call Apple to fix it for you. This has always worked for me. I hope that this will help you!

Chris lane will be eternally grateful.