Apple's 2016 revision to their laptop lineup targeted at professional users. Features a 15-inch, 2880-by-1800 Retina display, quad-core Intel Core i7, 256 / 512 GB /1 TB / 2TB storage options, 16 GB RAM, and a keyboard equipped with a Touch Bar. Released November 2016. Features Model A1707.

How much is a screen replacement going to cost?

Ok, so when I turn on my MacBook. The screen is black but there is damage to the LCD, I believe.

I'm just wondering, would it be cheaper to go a 3rd party to fix it? How much will it cost approximately? Will Apple be cheaper given the limited availability of the screen assembly? Can the LCD be replaced alone? The main answer I'm looking for is how much this is gonna cost me. I doubt they're going to cover it under warranty, even though I have no idea what caused it.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: For anyone thinking of helping, firstly thanks. Secondly, one of my friends had their screen replaced by apple, a late 2015 15 inch Pro model. This cost them £332, just as a guide for when deciding how much it will cost for my model. Thanks again.

@reecee Just tagging you as you seem to be very knowledgeable on this device.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

I would need the year,make, and model or serial to look up parts, on amazon. But to answer your question Apple will charge too much to make it cost effective. The cheapest way is to look up a guide on ifixit.com based on the year and model and fix it yourself. A 3rd party will charge on average about $150 for labor and whatever the parts cost x2 for markup. A rough estimate is about $500-650 for a 3rd party to fix it for you. This price could be more depending on how new it is. I would guess apple would charge about $1200 to repair.

The screen itself looks to cost around $350-400 3rd party labor is roughly $150 to install. The easiest and cheapest route to go seems to be buying a whole top lid assembly for about $550 on ebay used. That way all you have to do is remove the old top lid assemble and swap it out. Only a few screws and a cable or two to unplug and you should be good to go.

MacBook Pro 15" Touch Bar Late 2016 A1707, It's just to the right of my question above Thanks for helping. Side note, just edited original post:

I am not aware of what that is n USD but if in some alternate reality you can get apple to replace anything for under $600 without insurance that would be indeed the ideal way to go.

John Hamp will be eternally grateful.