2.0GHz, 2.3GHz, or 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Should I repair my MacBook Pro or buy a new one?

So...

To keep it classic I spilled a hot mug of coffee on my MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Late 2013 (bought Summer 2014). The next day it was between the hands of a Apple technician, who checked on it and found out that all the parts that have been in contact with liquid need to be replaced (topcase, logic board, I/O board, left fan). The data is safe on the 512GB SSD though. Anyways, this repair will cost 1657€.

I live in Helsinki, Finland. My insurance company claimed that such a Macbook costs nowadays 2895€ in here, and offered to help me out with 998€, which leaves 659€ I have to pay in cash to get my repaired beloved old friend, or 1897€ ahead in guess I want to go with the new one.

Now I am wondering, is it smart to pay 659€ for this Macbook to repair it? Or is it smarter to invest the cash from the insurance company and get a brand new one (or a good condition secondhand one?)?

Note: The Macbook includes 16GB RAM, and although the it is 3+ years old, it still felt top notch until the sad coffee moment.

I will appreciate any advice/suggestion.

Thanks :)

i doubt everything got in contact with the liquid. if you can open it up, take some photos and post them here

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Personally, I would get the new one and sell the old one on eBay as a damaged unit. Just the display may bring you close to even.

Somar Salloum will be eternally grateful.