Replaced lightning port, now won't power on.

I had a customer come to me with his iPhone 5s that was having problems charging. He had replaced the battery on his own before coming to me.

I ordered a new, unused lightning port assembly from a local shop on eBay and installed it. Now it won't power on at all.

Could this be a matter of reseating everything to get it to power up? My fear is that it's a chip on the motherboard that's fried.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

A couple of things here...

• Did you test the device before replacing the Lightning port to be certain that it did indeed charge?
  • It no longer works after you tried replacing the Lightning Port so I would put back the old one to see if it makes a difference. Small parts are notorious for poor quality.
  • I would double check my installation before assuming a logic board issue.

Bill Shannon will be eternally grateful.