Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

No sound during video recording

Hi everybody. A problem with Iphone 7 which isn't recording the audio during video recording with back side camera. When using front camera recording has no problem on audio and plays both normally.

Thanks in advance for the help.

so everytime i record a regular video on snapchat or the actual iphone camera app, and i go to watch it no sound will come out. i turned up the volume and tried exiting out of the app, turning it off and also restarting my phone and still no sound will come. any help?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Marco,

Nearly no sound when recording Videos with back camera an answer for the same problem with the iPhone 6, might be a place to start. Between that one and this one (also for the 6, unfortunately), I'd say there's probably something covering the rear microphone.

This thread mentions a problem with the iPhone 7 specifically, but it sounds like theirs is an intermittent problem, whereas yours just doesn't record the sound. Does your iPhone still have the protective cover on the back?

Hi! Rachel. No, item doesn't have such cover. In fact this issue started short time ago. Thanks for your help.

I see. Is it not recording any sound at all or is it poor quality, intermittent, etc? Also, is it still under warranty?

Actually it's recording normally when only audio is recorded and when front camera is used. Only when uses the back camera doesn't record at all. Also is playing a huge noise sometimes and none of the sounds produced during shooting of some videos are recorded.

I Have this problem too but i’m also unable to use my phone to make calls without using wireless headphones. Plugging headphones into the charger port dosn’t work either. I’ve actually changed the charger port ( which involves a complete stripdown of the phone) and it’s made know difference at all I think it’s probably a mother board issue.

I’m having the same exact problem and i have no idea how to fix it SOMEONE please help!!

when on a call, is your speakerphone option grayed out? your issue sounds more like a board failure these devices are sadly known for

thats happening to me what do i do i just got this phone

I think IPHONE is toilet, My Samsung from 5 Years ago I know records video & Sound perfectly, after a while that’s why IPhone wants you to upgrade, corporate B.S in my opinion, next upgrade will be Samsung

Do you REALLY think this is a constructive comment for this person who is seeking this answer?

I am also having same problem on my iphone 7 Plus. Recording a video doesn’t record a sound. Any solution to it will be helpful to me.

for this issue, attempt a factory reset first I would say. it sounds like the microphones should be working which leads me to think it’s more likely a software glitch

I have almost the same problem with my iphone 7.

So when I drop it in the bed, or just hit a little bit with my finger, the camera does not record, and the sound disapears it starts lagging, even when you try to record on snapchat it kinda freezes. When i restart everything is working untill i accidently hit or sometimes it starts by itself

That is the Audio ic issues that some pin are broken under Audio ic.

Marco Bella Rosa will be eternally grateful.