Bixby Voice Doesnt work with Unlocked Phone
So long story with Bixby here.
I Purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8+ in the US from T-Mobile. I moved to canada, and got my Samsung device Unlocked. i now have it unlocked, and able to be used on network. Everything works fine, however i have found that bixby voice does not work.
I have bixby home working fine, and bixby voice is installed on the device, however, the bixby button doesnt do anything, and the Voice settings are not available on Bixby Settings.
I have spent a few hours on samsung support, and found that "bixby is not available on unlocked devices" (internationally unlocked). i find this to be discouraging, as you should get all functions of a device if your carrier supports it.
I have tried the following things to get this up and running.
1) Update the software: Device is up to date.
2) Reload the Firmware: Did not fix
3) Downloaded the ROM from Sammobile, and flashed it with ODIN: Same issue
4) Call provider to see if they could push the service to my phone: They can not
5) Call Samsung to see if they can get it running: Not supported on a device that was not originally that provider. (Dumbest marketing strategy i have heard.)
6) Call T-Mobile to see if they can help: i am no longer with them, so they will do nothing
7) Download Bixby Voice APK: installed fine. didnt change anything
I need help figuring out how to get this program onto my device. does anyone have any suggestions? I have a pretty decent background with phones, so ill take the more advanced suggestions as well.
Is this a good question?