Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

Screen glitches, computer freezes, & ram must be reseated often

I've resorted to keeping my computer on a pedestal & using a wireless keyboard & mouse, so I never have to touch it except to gently plug the power in. Even so, multiple times a day, I encounter the same scenario: The computer freezes, the screen glitches with what look like a bunch of barcodes, then the telltale 3-beep. After reseating the ram, everything works fine, if a little slow. What once happened every few days, now occurs 3-5 times a day. I've searched online for replacement logic boards, but the ones that show up with my criteria don't look like the one in my computer. Thoughts?

Are the barcodes pink and go from top to the bottom of the screen or are they white and go from left to right of the screen?

Hi, @jennessee had you tested your memory yet?

Try using apple diagnostic to test the hardware

@salmonjapan I replaced the memory, which seems to be a temporary fix. The problem doesn't happen as often. After a little more poking around, I have discovered that the top ram slot doesn't hold securely. It looks like I will need to replace the logic board after all.

Try testing your memory. If it comes back fine, you may need a new board. If not, I would consider finding the faulty stick(s) and replace them and see if it works. Good luck!

EDIT: Use Apple Memory Diagnostic

Jennessee Rosenberg will be eternally grateful.