HTC Surround

The HTC 7 Surround is a smartphone created by HTC running on the Windows Phone operating system.

Device will not go past 'htc' boot screen

Did you try Jail-breaking it or something, before it failed? If it's still under warranty, bring it to the MFG to get repaired or replaced. If not these guys fixed my HTC HD2 a few months back. If fixing it through USB doesn't work, you have to take it apart... They had to take the Circuit Board out, and reprogram it. The cool thing is they didn't erase my stuff.. It was all there afterwards.

by Jim Smith

how much did it cost to get it fixed? also what's the number to call to get it fixed?

by anthone9633

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like a corrupt system. Since it's can't be more than four months old, I'd take it in for warranty work. No reason to risk voiding your warranty by messing with it.

+ I agree to new a phone to risk losing the warranty on it.

by oldturkey03

I would try a hard reset just in case this should work before you take it back to the store :-)

Try to reset your phone by

Press the Vol up and Vol Down keys while you power your phone on it should give you the prompt to reset your phone.

Remember that this WILL ERASE all your data. Hope this helps you out. But do not start looking any further, since your phone should still be covered under warranty. Good Luck.

I had the same problem with this phone and the solution is very simple, there's a hidden 16gig sd card just below the battery that's gone bad, you will need to buy another sd card to replace it, it doesn't have to be a 16g, go on YouTube and search htc surround sd card, good luck any questions email me czrcm@yahoo.com

hi, i bought my phone on ebay, broken already and it seemed like it was fixable by replacing the OS on it or something like that. what the lady didn't tell me was that after doing a hard reset and by holding the down volume button it would take me to the Red,Green,Blue and White screen showing little messages and saying "Serial" at the bottom white screen part. if the thing is currupt how can i fix that? i don't have the warrenty for it so what do i need to do to fix it? thanks hope to hear some answers soon.

hey anti,

you are basically at a bootloader screen, what you have to do next is connect the phone through usb to ur computer/laptop and wait for it to recognize the phone and install its drivers, once the drivers are installed u will see that in place of serial, it will say "usb", at this point, go to

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...

and follow the instructions, there are 2 roms to download, and u have to follow the steps

1. download both files

2. open up the romupdateutility.exe from the first downloaded zip file and run it, follow the steps on screen, once it finishes flashing, it will show an error, ignore it and exit, ur fone will reboot and come back to the same tri color screen as before, then wait to see it say "usb" again, then you open the romupdateutility.exe from the second zip file that you downloaded and run the same procedure and wait

once u r done, ur phone will hopefully work, hope this helps.

And if the above mentioned procedure doesnt work, the only way is to void the warranty, open up ur phone and replace the micro sdhc card present inside as mentioned in one of the above replies

by Yash Khubchandani

hi, good advise. but i am stuck becouse when i tried to down the two ROMs, i was hit with a 'NOT FILE FOUND TO DOWNLOAED' kindly advise wat to do next or plan B???

by Mwape Chama

My htc still won't turn on I did a factory reboot but it stayed on the htc screen for hours what do I do...?

some1 help me i'v htc surround

helo sir i try this method but error accour which detail below

restoration error

an error prevented the restoration of your phone to its previous version

your phone cant b used in present condition there are no restore point for it on this computer

error code (C101002E)

now i hope u'll help me for solve this problem kindly reply me as soon as possible

regards,

junaid rahman

htc surround not conect with laptop driver not found som1 help me

htc window 7 not working what is wrong?

Same problem

i have htc desire 501, when i put my phone in charging at that time its completely working but after 2 hours when i took my phone at that time its turned off and its not starting, later on i connect charging again but its still not starting, please give me suggestions what i have to do for fix it

hey guys I'm having the same issue with the HTC pd26100 stuck on htc logo, and I'm going to do what you said I will let you know if those step let me solve the issue that I'm having.

hi i have an htc freestyle that is stuck on htc logo}

i tried the hard reset 3 times and nothing

still the same_

anyone can help

HTC desire 320. Keeps rebooting. It suddenly crashed while I was on reddit. I removed the battery, reinserted the battery, did a hard reset and still. Is there any way I can fix this at home and save myself some cash?

Otto will be eternally grateful.