An uninterruptible power supply, also uninterruptible power source, UPS or battery/flywheel backup, is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, typically mains power, fails.

UPS left alone, unable to power up even with new battery

I've got a APC UPS BE500-AS that's has been left alone for a few months.

When I wanted to use it, I realized the internal lead acid is already flat, and I cannot charge it up with a lead-acid charger.

I bought a new lead acid battery to replace the internal one. It worked fine for a few days. After that I cannot get it to power on anymore.

I've tried the circuit breaker switch on the side and that does not help.

It is possible that the UPS is not charging your battery. Have you checked for loose connections and looked at the circuit board for any fuses that may be blown? here is a good forum that deals with UPS and has some schematics http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread....

If your battery has more than 3 years, get a new one !

When you turn on all UPS (especially APC) they first test the battery putting a big current in paralel with the battery. I the voltage drops below to 10,50 v your UPS does not turn on - still making some beeps.

Excuse my terrible english.

Roberto / Brazil

riDerz will be eternally grateful.