Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Refurbished Apple Screen or manufactured to OEM quality screen?

I was wondering as to which screen I should use. One option is with a reputable company offering a replacement iPhone 6 plus screen with 12 months warranty which they state has been manufactured to OEM standards, with the description quoting:

"Quality

This configuration of the LCD assembly is not manufactured by Apple or one of its licensed vendors, it is however the very best quality of the many after-market screens available.

This screen is Apple quality, it has the same Retina resolution, sensitive touch and anti scratch coating found on the Apple LCD's - its built to last and comes with our great 12 month warranty."

Specifications:

Manufacturer:

LCD screen: OEM

Digitizer, glass and frame: After-market made to Apple specifications

Please note: To protect our suppliers source of Apple replacement parts we do obscure the serial numbers on the product, this doesn't effect your warranty with us and doesn't effect the cosmetics of the fitted part

Part Origin - Aftermarket (compatible part) | This part had been manufactured from partially or completely all after-market components, this simply means that the part has not been assembled by the OEM or licensed factory. It is a compatible part made to original specifications and designed to be a like for like replacement for the original component. Here at The Replace Base Ltd we have very strict quality checks to ensure we only source the best after-market replacement parts, all parts are also covered under our great returns policy and warranty

"

Whereas another option is to buy a screen that is an apple original (apple logos present etc) with a one month guarantee but it has been refurbished by an independent company reselling the screens. Which one should I go for and would there be a difference? Additionally are there any drawbacks as I have heard some aftermarket screens affect the battery? And what would you recommend to go for?

There are various opinions regarding the screens, so I look forward to people's responses.

try looking at it this way.

The 12 month warranty means you have a good screen for 12 months no mattery what,

whereas the 1 month warranty means you have a good screen for 1 month, no matter what.

(Assuming you dont smash the screen)

personally, the apple logos, are just logos. there is no real necessity to use the apple items. our shop uses the new parts made to OEM standards so that we can transfer that warranty to our clients.

Thanks for the answer. I do recall having fitting an aftermarket iPhone 5S screen which had a yellow tint, although this wasnt claimed to be oem quality. Do you usually see a difference between the original screen and the screens made to OEM standards? I have the screen ordered but will check it first so I can decide if I want to fit it or return it.

the yellow tint on a non OEM is the type of LED they use. there are three different types of white LEDs. The Least expensive of them is the one used for everyday lighting, which is known as "Warm White." Warm White has a yellow tint on it.

The most expensive, is "Flat White" which has no colour tint. which is what OEM standards use. I personally have a local supplier for my iPhone screens, so i do not get them from iFixit. however, i have not had a tinting or quality issue with these parts. my store is able to offer a Life time Warranty with 3rd Party OEM Standards.

Thanks for the response, understand a lot more about the different types of screens now! The screen I ordered just came through the post which was manufactured to OEM standards, colours seem to be accurate and identical to the original, couldn't really spot a difference.

glad to hear! enjoy your new screen

Suleman Sarwar will be eternally grateful.